GET THE LOOK || Sharon Raydor [Major Crimes Week]



For post número tres for Major Crimes Week comes the Captain herself, Captain Sharon Raydor. There's no real reason why I left her today, I just did. In this post I'll be bringing you items that will help you to emulate Raydor's style from the two-part season 3 finale, Special Master. I loved her outfits in these episodes, though as much as I loved her knee-high boots, I would've loved her signature heels to have made an appearance. She was in full Darth Mama Raydor Mode throughout these episodes and boots don't really embody that - trouser suit and a mac, yes! Also, there is a makeup tutorial too on how you can get the complete Raydor look. 


I won't bore you with anymore waffling so let's get into the outfits!

T H E   O U T F I T S


- Black Stretch Front Button Blazer || New Look - £22.99
- Double Breasted Ponte Trench || Yumi @ House of Fraser - £59.50 *Sale item
- Cameo Rose Cream Textured Skater Dress || New Look - £19.99
- White Curved Hem Sleeveless Tunic Dress || New Look - £12.99
- High Heel Leather Court Shoe || Zara - £39.99
- Boots || H&M - £29.99

I gave a couple of options with this particular outfit. Trying to find a coat like the one that Sharon wore at the end of May was extremely difficult as that coat is more suited to Autumn/Winter. Nevertheless, I gave two options; a blazer and a trench-type coat. 

Additionally, finding knee-high boots with Summer on the horizon? Next to impossible unless you're looking for festival wellies. So, here's what I would do; I would personally opt for Sharon's signature black pointed toe stiletto. Or if you really wanted to channel your inner Darth Raydor but wanting to wear a boot, H&M have these gorgeous ankle boots that are pointed toed. Best of both worlds... That's what I'm telling myself, anyway. 




- Figure-Fit Jacket || H&M - £29.99
- Black High Neck Vest || New Look - £5.99
- Pencil Skirt || H&M - £24.99
- High Heel Leather Court Shoe || Zara - £39.99

With this outfit, it was so hard to find a jacket that worked and was similar but I found this little number from H&M that I've really fallen in love with as I put together this post. It's so pretty.

That's the outfits covered, now onto the makeup.

T H E   M A K E U P

Before anything, start with your own foundation routine. For me, I've been loving the Revlon Colorstay foundation. I use the shade Ivory and it's the perfect match for my pale, pale skin. Irish skin problems. I then used my Collection Lasting Finish concealer (Fair) under my eyes and on my eyelids to cancel out any veins and discoloration. To add a bit more coverage and to brighten the under eye area, I used my Urban Decay Naked Concealer in Fair Neutral. I set everything, including my eyelids with my L'Oreal True Match pressed powder in Rose Ivory. Also, fill in your eyebrows as you would. Raydor's brows aren't particularly bold like DDA Rios' are. They're very understated and natural so that they frame her glasses nicely. I used my Soap & Glory Archery eyebrow pencil (Blondeshell)






Sharon's makeup is different because unlike Rios and Hobbs, her makeup includes glasses (but it also makes her eye makeup incredibly difficult to see). As a glasses wearer myself, I've had to adapt my makeup style to suit my spectacles. It's a slight change but one that I think I've honed over the past year. I'll be bringing some of that knowledge and wisdom (I hope) to this look.

Just remember, I am not a makeup artist, I'm just a girl playing around with her makeup collection because she loves this show and Mary McDonnell.  Also, I won't be wearing my glasses as I had my contact lenses in.







Let's start with the eyes. On my eyelids, I used my go-to transition shade which is the Flesh shadow from my Sleek i-Divines Ultra Mattes (v2) eyeshadow palette. This is a peachy-flesh coloured shadow. I took this on my Sephora Crease Shadow brush and blended it into my crease. 







I then took the Paper Bag shade from the palette, a brown shadow on that same brush and lightly blended it through my crease. 




I then took my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush and blended everything out so that there were no harshness to it.  


The idea of Sharon's look is to try and keep the majority of the shadows away from the actual lid. That's what it looks like to me, anyway. Again, I'm not a makeup artist. I'm just deducing this from things that I've seen with my eyeballs. A lot of the shadows seem to be centred at the crease/socket area and that they are matte. Besides, she's an LAPD Captain, she doesn't have time in the mornings to do a whole lot of eye makeup. If she can get away with one-two-three-BAM-done! She'll do it. 






To tidy up the lid area a little bit, I took Dune from the Sleek Palette on a flat shadow brush, I used one that I got in Sephora, and patted it over my entire lid. I took it up to just below my crease so as not to disturb the shadows there too greatly.






If you do go a bit too far, take some of the darker brown shadow and a thin fluffy brush and go back over the crease lightly. I used my MAC217 and then went back to the Deluxe Crease Brush to buff it out again.









Using my Real Techniques Silicon Liner brush, I lined my upper lashline using Maybelline's EyeStudio Lasting Drama gel eyeliner (black). This brush gives me such precision and allows me to draw a very thin line that will make my lashes look fuller without making it look like I have a ton of eyeliner on. 





This is optional, but I like to run an eyeliner along my tightline just to fill in any gaps. I like to use Rimmel's Special Eyes Precision eyeliner pencil (black)





I then gave a hint of liner to my lower lashline using the same eye pencil. 






I curled my eyelashes and applied mascara to my top lashes only. I used L'Oreal's Volume Million Lashes So Couture mascara







Because I am so deathly pale, I needed to add some warmth to my face (not that it's really noticeable at times). Using my Real Techniques Blush Brush, I warmed up my face using The Body Shop's Honey Bronzer (Fair Matte) and applied it around the perimeter of my face, hitting the high points - my forehead, temples and cheeks, essentially drawing an elongated 3 shape down the side of my face - and making sure that it was blended out. 






For blush I dusted the apples of my cheeks with L'Oreal Peach Le Blush using my DeliPlus Powder Brush. I wanted to give my cheeks a just a hint of blush. I would have used my Chanel Frivole blush but I wanted to keep this a bit more budget friendly.


Funnily enough, this is very similar to my first Sharon Raydor makeup tutorial. I used a number of the same products. That amuses me.




The lips were the hardest bit for me. My lips are quite pigmented without lipstick and figuring our what to use for Raydor was rather difficult. I know that Robin Siegel uses Chanel's Rouge Coco lipstick in Mademoiselle. However, in a number of episodes, Raydor's lip colour is more on the pinky-paech side of the colour chart. Mademoiselle is a ;your lips but better' shade, as far as I'm aware. So for this look, I used Maybelline's ColorSensational lipstick in 710 Sultry Sand to mute my lip colour.




I went over the top of that with Rimmel's Exaggerate Lip Liner in 063 East End Snob. I used it to line my lips and to fill them in.






Over the top of that - I know, a lot of colours - I used Seventeen's Stay Pout lipstick in Just A Fling. This will give the peachy tint to the lips.










You can leave it like that, but I decided to reach for my Chanel Mademoiselle lipstick and add it on top of everything. A good dupe for this is MAC's Twig or Maybelline's Velvet Beige lipstick. MAC may be high-end but it's about £10 cheaper than Chanel.








Blazer: Boohoo
Top: New Look

There you have it. A couple of outfit ideas to channel your inner Sharon Raydor. I can honestly say that I love the H&M jacket from outfit #2. It's so classic looking and so very Raydor. I've also loved seeing how Raydor's makeup has changed throughout the course of Major Crimes. I've been doing a complete series re-watch in the lead up to season 4 and it's startling how much her makeup changed from season 1. At first she had very dark and grey eyeshadows and now she's got a lot of warmer tones in there. It's fascinating. Well, to me it is.

I hope you enjoyed this Get The Look for Sharon Raydor. Come back on tomorrow and Sunday where I have more posts going up and a bonus one. That's all I'm saying. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon.


Previous Major Crimes related posts
Get The Look Season 3 Promo | Get The Look || DDA Andrea Hobbs ||| Raydor's Rouge  Christmas Style 3x12 Acting Out ||Get The Look 3x15 Chain Reaction || The Trenchcoat 
1x03 Get The Look || Get The Look || DDA Emma Rios || Get The Look || DDA Andrea Hobbs #2 

** Disclaimer: All photos of Sharon Raydor, character of Major Crimes are from MajorCrimesTV.net.

Comments

Popular Posts