GET READY WITH ME || Darts Presentation Dinner



In case any of you didn't know. I play darts. That is, not well or professionally, I'm lucky if I hit a score over 30 most nights. I play with some friends out of a local bar in a local ladies league. We don't take it too seriously. It's a bit of fun, a bit of craic and it's a night out on a Tuesday. It is fun but I hate to lose. The other weekend was the end of year Presentation Dinner where the league awards are given out. It's the perfect excuse to get dolled up. I filmed what I did to get ready so, get ready with me.



T H E    M A K E U P





I started with my foundation and for this occasion I used L'Oreal's Infallible Foundation in the shade Porcelain. I love the coverage of this foundation and it matches me so well. I buffed this into my skin using my Sephora Pro Airbrush  It's a fantastic wee brush for getting between my brows and into the nooks and crannies of my nose. 






For concealer, I used my Urban Decay Naked Concealer in the shade Fair Neutral. I buffed this out using Real Techniques Expert Face Brush







I set it using Rimmel's Match Perfection Translucent Loose Powder. I used my Real Techniques Setting Brush to set that under eye concealer. And then used a Real Techniques Powder Brush with that same powder to set the rest of my face. I was going to be dancing so I needed everything to stay put!





I left my face for now and moved onto my eyes. I primed my eyelids using Benefit's Boi-ing concealer to cancel out any discolouration of my lids. I simply blended this onto my lid using my finger. I then set it using L'Oreal's True Match Pressed Powder (Rose Ivory) and my Real Techniques Setting Brush






I did my eyebrows here and used my Soap&Glory Archery Eyebrow Pencil. I still have no brow game.






I didn't use a lot of eyeshadow for this look because I wanted the emphasis to be on the winged liner. To start with I took my Sleek i-Divine Ultra Matte Eyeshadow Palette and my Sephora Crease Shadow Brush. I took the shade Flesh and ran that through my crease and outer corner just to give some definition.





I then took Dune from the same palette on a flat eyeshadow brush, I used one from Kiko and patted it all over my lid. 






I then took a Barry M Kohl Eye Pencil in the colour Pink. I drew a cat-eye wing but I made it thicker than normal all the way along. I started at the centre of my lashline and moved outwards and created the wing.






I then followed it up using Maybelline's Lasting Drama black gel eye liner and my Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush. I followed the lashline and then followed that already drawn flick that I created with the pink kohl pencil  





I lined my tightline and waterline with my Rimmel Special Eyes Precision Eyeliner Pencil all the way across from outer corner to inner corner. 





I keep forgetting about curling my lashes until much later so here's where I decided to top up my concealer and set it again.






I contoured lightly using Maybelline's Master Sculpt (Light to Medium) and my No7 Contour & Highlight Brush. I used the contour end to apply the contour shade under my cheekbone and blend it up towards my temple. I ran it along my hairline and jawline too, blending everything out.





Then to warm up the rest of my face, I took my Honey Bronzer (Fair Matte) from The Body Shop and my Real Techniques Blush Brush. I took this over the highpoints of my face, the forehead, the cheekbones and the jawline in a lazy 3 shape and blended it out. 





For blush, I used Clinique's Cheek Pop in Melon Pop. I featured this in my High-End Beauty Wishlist on Monday. I bought it with my Boots Advantage Card points last week and I've been loving it. I used my Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki Brush to apply this. When using this brush with this blush, I narrow the brush using the casing so that I have a denser top. I just applied it to the apples of my cheeks and blended it out towards my hairline. 





I then decided that this was a good time to curl my eyelashes and apply mascara. I used L'Oreal's Miss Manga mascara on my top lashes. 





For highlighter I used Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Highlighter in Aura. I used the Highligher end of my No7 brush and applied this to the tops of my cheekbones. I then used a Seventeen Eyeshadow Brush to apply it to my tear duct area. 




For my lip colour, I used a combination of Rimmel's Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob and Gleam by Melanie Mills Lip Radiance Lip Gloss in Pop My Cork. I lined my lips with East End Snob first and then applied Pop My Cork over the top. 

I changed my top and that was me finished.








 T H E    O U T F I T

Top || Zara
Jeans || New Look
Shoes || Zara
Clutch || A pink & white chevron makeup bag from DeliPlus


I wanted to get a picture of my outfit but I didn't have time and my self-consciousness was acting up and it wasn't pretty. Even though I was channelling my inner Sharon Raydor with the shoes and lip gloss, I really do not have the figure of Sharon Raydor and mirror pictures do nothing for one's self-esteem so you'll just have to make do with the above graphic.



Comments

Popular Posts