GET THE LOOK || DDA Andrea Hobbs [Major Crimes Week]



Welcome to the second installment of Major Crimes Week. Next up for this week is Deputy District Attorney, Andrea Hobbs. I've previously done a Get The Look post for Hobbs in the form of a video makeup tutorial. That tutorial is still relevant to Hobbs but I've included an updated version in this post too. You can see the previous one >> here <<.

This post was requested by a major Hobbs fan, Rosie. She's the sweetest girl I've ever met and I wanted to include a Hobbs related post in Major Crimes Week. Yes, MCW is largely focused on The Special Master two-parter season finale which Hobbs wasn't in, but she was in season 3 quite a bit and she was requested, so here it is. 

These outfits aren't based on any specific outfit that Hobbs has worn. They're  more inspired by her style and coordination..

T H E   O U T F I T S




- Black Stretch Button Front Blazer || New Look - £22.99
- Draped Chiffon Top || Mango - £19.99
- Black Ribbed Pencil Skirt || New Look - £14.99
- Stone Comfort Block Heel Court Shoes || New Look - £24.99


- Figure-Fit Jacket || H&M - £24.99
- Paisly Print Shirt || Mango - £34.99
- Suit Trousers || H&M - £24.99
- Black High Block Heel Court Shoes || Dorothy Perkins - £20.30* Sale


Hobbs' style is largely muted in that she has either grey, beige or black suits, whether it's a skirt or a trouser suit. Costume designer, Greg LaVoi does give Hobbs a pop of colour every now and then in the colour of blouse. She also is often seen wearing a necklace that stands out from the muted colours; a pearl necklace or a long gold signet necklace. 


T H E    M A K E U P

As always, these products are ones that I happen to have in my makeup collection. You do not have to use these precise products. You can colour match what you can and you'll be well on your way to channeling your inner Andrea Hobbs.

Start off by doing your usual foundation routine. My routine recently has been using Revlon's Colorstay (Ivory) for my foundation. I then used Rimmel's Lasting Finish Concealer (Porcelain) under my eyes and on my eyelids to cover any discolouration and to prime my eyelids for the shadows that will go over the top. I added some extra coverage using Urban Decay's Naked Concealer in Light Neutral. I then set everything using my Rimmel Stay Matte powder (Translucent).





Kathe Mazur's eyebrows are quite fair, like mine, but hers are shaped differently to mine. To shape my brows and to give them a bit more substance, I used my Soap & Glory Archery eyebrow pencil (Blondeshell). I used the spooly side of the pencil to brush my hairs into place before using the pencil to line under my brow and create a soft-ish arch.






To start the eyeshadows, I took my always used Sleek i-Divine Ultra Mattes (v2) eyeshadow palette. I took the Flesh shadow, a peachy-toned shadow, and on a fluffy tapered brush, I used my Sephora Crease Shadow Brush. I focused this at the outer corner of my eye and brought it into my crease, where the eye lid meets the socket, and blended it out. I also took the excess and swept it over my lid. 







Then I took my L'Oreal Color Riche Mono shadow in La Vie en Rose on a flat shadow brush, I used my EcoTools shader duo eyeshadow brush and lightly patted it over my lid. This shadow was featured in my previous Andrea Hobbs tutorial.






Taking a flesh coloured shadow, I used Dune from the Sleek palette on the same shader EcoTools brush, I added this to my eye lid as well.




I then blended everything using a dab of Dune shadow on my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush so that there were no harsh edges and it all came together seamlessly. 





Unlike Rios and Raydor, Hobbs doesn't particularly wear eyeliner but her lashes do look thick, this suggests tightlining to me. It's not the easiest of makeup tricks and it does take some practice so you can skip this step if you want to. If you want to do this, keep on reading this paragraph. I used my Rimmel Special Eyes Precision eyeliner pencil and ran it under my upper lashes. 





I also ran the eyeliner pencil along my lower lashline but not in the waterline. 






I curled my eyelashes and then coated my upper lashes with L'Oreal Million Lashes So Couture mascara. I didn't put anything on my lower lashes. 




Clean up any fall out that you may have had with a makeup remover wipe. You may need to redo your concealer work if you've did your foundation & concealer routine first. I used my Urban Decay Naked Concealer again and blended it using a double ended brush from Superdrug.







To give the face a subtle bronzing, I used The Body Shop's Honey Bronzer (Fair Matte) on a large fluffy brush. I took my Real Techniques Blush Brush and lightly swept the bronzer in a '3' shape down the sides of my face going from forehead - cheek - jaw. I blended it out so that it didn't look harsh. I'm very pale so any bronzer can look easily overdone on me. 






My favourite bit - blush! I took a matte blush on a fluffy brush and dusted it on my cheeks. I used Rimmel's Lasting Finish blush in Santa Rose on my Deli Plus powder brush. Make sure that it's blended out. Hobbs' blush is always very subtle, almost unnoticeable at times. 






For lipstick, Hobbs' again can be subtle depending on the mood of the episode. Her lips can sometimes be glossy, nude, pinkish or orangey-pink. With that in mind, for the sake of this tutorial, I used L'Oreal's Exclusive Color Riche lipstick in J-Lo's Nude






To add a little extra, I took Seventeen's Just Pout lipstick in Just A Fling and dabbed it over the top.






I then added a lip gloss over that - I used Bourjois' Aqua Laque in Appechissant.  







Top: Matalan
Vest: New Look

For Hobb's hair, try to get some volume in the roots of your hair using a texturising hairspray or dry shampoo to give your hair some texture. My hair is a flat as a pancake at the roots and I was honestly too lazy to wash it for this tutorial as I need it textured for Friday's post. For Hobb's, take a straightener to your hair but curl the iron inwards towards you on the bottom two inches or so. 

There you have it, a way to get the look of DDA Andrea Hobbs. You don't have to use everything shown here. To get the look, you can get one item and embody that character. For example, the shoes, wear shoes similar to what she would wear and embody Hobbs' sass and confidence. Or do your makeup like her. I once wore a blazer to go shopping with straight hair and I felt like Hobbs and it felt amazing. Walk like Hobbs, ladies.

I hope you enjoyed this post and that you're enjoyed Major Crimes Week. Please come back on Friday and Sunday for the next posts in this series. Only a few more days until Major Crimes Monday! 



Previous Major Crimes related posts
Get The Look Season 3 Promo | Get The Look || DDA Andrea Hobbs ||| Raydor's Rouge  Christmas Style 3x12 Acting Out ||Get The Look 3x15 Chain Reaction || The Trenchcoat 
1x03 Get The Look || Get The Look || DDA Emma Rios 

** Disclaimer: All photos of Andrea Hobbs, character of Major Crimes are from MajorCrimesTV.net.

Comments

Popular Posts