TUTORIAL || Scarlet Witch [Marvel] Inspired Makeup Look



Hands up those that loved Avengers: Age of Ultron? I've always loved Marvel but up until recently, it's been exclusively movies and the animated series'. A couple of weeks ago, I actually bought my first comic books. I had been gifted some by a friend but haven't managed to get around to reading them but now I'm in love. I was in Belfast the other week with the bestie and we went into Comic Book Guys in the Spires Mall and I was noseying through the comics there and found two that took my fancy. Both Avengers, one had the Scarlet Witch on the front and one had Iron Man. I read both and loved the Scarlet Witch one. To be more specific: Uncanny Avengers: March to Sixes #024. If that means anything to anybody. With her sass and epic boots, I decided to do a makeup tutorial inspired by her costume colours. So here you have it, a makeup tutorial inspired by The Scarlet Witch.


I went through Pinterest for hours, pinning Marvel characters and DC characters that I loved and wanted to be inspired by. With the Scarlet Witch, there were times were she was in blood red, ox red, pink-toned red, burgundy or a winey red. So, when I sat down to do this tutorial, I pulled out any pink and red toned shadows that I had and went to town.  Btw, you can find me at Pinterest >> HERE <<.


T H E   L O O K 

Before filming, I applied my foundation. I used L'Oreal's Infallible Foundation in the shade Porcelain. I didn't set it because I'll be going in with concealer after I do my eye makeup. I also did my eyebrows using my Soap & Glory Archery pencil (Blondeshell). Finally, before starting I primed my eyelids using Rimmel's Lasting Finish Concealer (Porcelain) and I set it with L'Oreal's True Match Pressed Powder (Rose Ivory).




I'm using sellotape with this look because I wanted to get a very dramatic wing to pay homage to Scarlet Witch's headdress. I lined up a piece of sellotape from under my lower lashes towards the tail of my brow. 






To start with, I'm going to apply my transition shade. I took my Makeup Revolution Eyes Like Angels palette. On my much loved Sephora Crease Shadow Brush I took the shadow called Pink Frosted and applied that to my outer corner and crease.






Next up, I used Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate. I applied this all over my lid using a dense eyeshadow brush that I got from Sephora







Then, to bring some definition to the crease area and darken it up,, bringing that witch element to it, I took my Nude'Tude Eyeshadow Palette from The Balm. I took the shade Sexy which is a deep, wine-toned red eyeshadow on my Seventeen Eyeshadow Brush. I first used it to darken up the outer corner to really emphasis that wing before carrying the excess through the crease to the inner corner. 






To follow that, I went back to my Makeup Revolution Eyes Like Angels palette. I took the shade Sophisticated Pink on my Kiko flat eyeshadow brush. I patted this more on the inner part and centre of the eyelid.





I then went in with a flat shader brush from EcoTools and Kiko's Infinity Eyeshadow in 208 Mat Red. I'm pretty sure I applied this differently to both eyes. I placed the shadow wherever the lid needed a little pick me up - the inner and outer corners. 





I then lined my eyes with a dramatic cat-eye flick using L'Oreal's Super Liner Ultra Precision Liquid Eyeliner. I find this liner easy to control, even though I love my gel liners. It moved effortlessly on my eyelid and lashline and it stood out from the dark shadows beautifully.






I then darkened up the inner corner using a black eyeshadow. I used Wet N Wild's Panther shadow on my EcoTools Duo Eye-Enhancer Blend brush. I applied this lightly to the inner third of my eye and brought the smallest amount into the crease. The shadow will turn a deep purple kind of colour but that's okay, just keep adding and blending it slightly into the centre portion.




Remove the sellotape. Ha, spoiler alert for the next step.





I lined my waterline and tightline using my Rimmel Special Eyes Precision Eyeliner Pencil.





I curled my lashes and coated my top lashes with L'Oreal's  Miss Manga Mascara






For my concealer, I used my Urban Decay Naked Concealer (Fair Neutral) and blended it out using a combination of the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. The latter will get the concealer up to my eyes and close to the wings without ruining them. 




I set everything using Rimmel's Match Perfection Translucent Loose Powder and my Real Techniques Setting Brush





To lightly contour my face, I used Maybelline's Master Sculpt (Light to Medium) and my No7 Highlight and Contour Brush. I applied this just under my cheekbones, jawline, temples and hairline. 




Then to warm up my face, I used The Body Shop's Honey Bronzer (Fair Matte) and my Real Techniques Blush Brush, hitting the high points of my face.





For blush, I used Max Factor's Creme Puff Blush in the shade Lovely Pink. I applied this to the apples of my cheeks using Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki Brush to blend it out.




For lip colour, I used MAC's lipstick in the shade Twig







To finish everything off, I took some of Sophisticated Pink on a short flat shader brush, I used one of the EcoTools Duo Eye Enhancer brushes, and I applied it to my lower lashline. I also took more of Panther and applied it to the outer corner of my lashline.




I then cleaned up the wings using a cotton bud and some makeup remover. And you're all done.










Vest: TJ Maxx [old]
Blazer: Boohoo [old]

What do you think of my powers?

I wish. It's Photoshop. I wish I had the powers of the Scarlet Witch to deal with my colleagues. Heck, I'd love any power but my abilities are limited to converting oxygen into carbon dioxide.

I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial. I love how this turned out. I even went to the cinema wearing this and I was wearing a Batman hoodie. Sacrilege? Maybe but nerd gotta nerd! Next week, I'll be bringing you another Marvel character for Fandom Friday. Any guesses as to who it might be?

Check out the previous Marvel Inspired looks: Storm - Gamora - Nebula - Rogue




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts