Jo Malone || English Pear and Freesia





Whoa, whoa, whoa! How is this a fandom post? Kazzie, it's Fandom Friday day, what the heck? Well, dear friends, I will tell you why I'm doing this. Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia cologne just so happens to be the fragrance of choice of one, Mary McDonnell. 


Last year, Mary McDonnell did a Ask Me Anything session on Reddit.com  where we learnt a lot about Mary and one user asked her the million dollar question - well, the million dollar question regarding this post:



Naturally, I had to find it and now what that fragrance was. On Tuesday I met up with my bestie in Belfast with the mission to catch up with her and head to the Jo Malone counter in Victoria Square. Once lunch was demolished, I made a bee-line for Victoria Square with my bestie in tow. The sales assistant that worked there was very understanding with my stalker fangirl ways. She told us that many girls came in saying that they had heard that so-and-so wore this fragrance and that they wanted to know what it was like. I'm sure she was probably thinking that I'm a complete nutter but mercifully kept that to her inner thoughts. Thankfully I didn't have to endure the 'Who?' look when I mention Mary's name to anyone. Win! 

Anyway, within a couple of seconds, we found the fragrance in question; English Pear and Freesia. Now comes the part where I attempt to talk about fragrances... I don't know the first thing...

The website says that it has;
The essence of autumn. The sensuous freshness of just-ripe pears is wrapped in a bouquet of white freesias, and mellowed by amber, patchouli and woods. Luscious and golden.
That literally went over my head. I'm not very bright when it comes to the lingo of beauty, fashion and fragrance. I cannot express myself beyond, 'I like it' but I'm learning. Slowly but surely. I'm not the most articulate person so this is what my ever-so-articulate brain came up with as my opinion.

It is a gorgeous scent. I truly loved it. I didn't really have any idea of what to expect from it or from Jo Malone. The scent wasn't overpowering as some fragrances can be once spritzed. I could definitely pick out the aroma of pears which speaks of that just ripeness, When pears are teetering on ripe, their scent is quite crisp and that crispness comes across elegantly. I can't say that I picked out nuances of amber, patchouli and woods because I don't know what they smell like individually but I found that it had quite a subtle sweetness. It's a mature, sophisticated sweetness, if that makes sense. 

It says that it's an autumn fragrance but I believe that it could be a signature scent all year round as it is gorgeously fresh. But let me tell you, I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist for hours afterwards. The scent softened to a magnificent aroma that I would love to wear everyday. Have you ever tried it?

Jo Malone English Pear and Fressia:  30ml - £40 || 100ml - £82


Comments

Popular Posts