A Beauty-Full Christmas


This marked the first Christmas where I actually wanted beauty products to be in that stocking from Santa. Never would my friends or family have imagined such a day to exist. Previously, I would have received a selection box of cheap nail varnishes or cheap make-up brushes that would have worked better as paint brushes. I would always wonder if people were trying to tell me something when they always gifted me with make-up. This year, I couldn't wait to see if any make-up was being hidden by the wrapping paper.




1: CoverGirl Bronzer
2: ELF Flawless Eyshadow - Smoky
3: CoverGirl Eye Enhancers
My sister sent these to me from America and I freaking love her for it because she sent so many awesome things that I can't get in the UK. I used the ELF eyeshadow palette for a smoky New Year's Eve look and it was my first foray into using ELF products. The colour pay off was great and I was definitely impressed by it. I'm really liking it so far and looking forward to creating more look's with it. 



4: ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pens - Black & Coffee
5: MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil - Bountiful Brown
The ELF eyeliners came as a recommendation from my sister. She swears by them and thought that I would love them too. You know what? I do! I used the black waterproof eyeliner pen for NYE and I completely fell in love with it. The design of the pen makes it so easy to hold and the formulation did not smudge at all. It didn't go up into my crease like others have and it stayed in place until the early hours of 2015 when I was taking it off. Instant love for this!

MAC's Powerpoint Eye Pencil was a gift from my Mum and this was on my wishlist because it is the colour used by Mary McDonnell's make-up artist. I'm one happy fangirl camper over here! Plus, it'll go beautifully with the coffee eyeliner from ELF. Win!



6: NYX Matte Lipstick - Pure Red
7: ELF Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick - Movie Star
8: ELF Lip Stain - Nude Nectar
9: Gleam by Melanie Mills Lip Radiance lipgloss - Pop My Cork
I gifted myself with Gleam's Lip Radiance lipgloss in Pop My Cork because it was the lipgloss used by Robin Siegel in an episode of Major Crimes. She shared a photo of it on Instagram and I fell in love with it - after I went all Golem on it, first. I love this gloss already. It's so pretty and hydrating and it smells incredible! 

My sister sent me all of the NYX nad ELF lip products. I used the two ELF ones together for NYE. The gloss stick is very nice. It smells almost like blackcurrant flavoured Tunes (do a google search for those sweets!) and gives a lovely colour to the lips. I do have one issue with the lip stain though - it comes in marker form and we've all learnt that markers don't work when upside down. You have to work really fast with this thing before gravity takes its toll. It does, however, have a lovely colour. Bonus!



10: ELF Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara
11: NYX Roll On Shimmer - Nude
I've never gotten around to getting clear mascara or clear eyebrow gel so I think that my sister must have been a little pyschic when she picked this up. What's more is that it's a two-in-one tube. Half of it has clear mascara and the other is a clear eye brow gel! Thankfully both are clearly marked so that I don't get them confused. That would be bad if I did that!

I used the NYX Roll on Shimmer for NYE and loved it. I covet my Urban Decay Naked Illuminating Shimmer that the bestie gave me for Christmas (which should have been included but I forgot! Bad Kazzie!) and the Urban Decay Naked Flushed highlighter which has been my go-to highlighter since I bought it during the summer. The Roll On applicator is so handy and compact for taking around in my handbag. It's almost like a tinted shimmer balm that you apply and blend out. It blends so easily and lasts. 



My family definitely spoilt me on the make-up front this Christmas and I love them all for it. Thank youuuuuuu! I'm like a kid in a candy store right now with all of these new products to play with. I'm beyond excited. 

Did Santa leave any beauty products under the tree for you? What were your favourites?


Comments

  1. First of all Happy New Year. (Better late than never, right?)
    I looove the stuff you got for Christmas, I have to admit that I am a tiny bit jealous. :D
    The only things I have tried from this list are the NYX products and I looove them. I have 2 different shades of the Matte Lipstick and I absolutely love them both (09 Natural and Bloody Mary).
    The clear eyebrow gel and mascara totally look like something I could enjoy too and I have added it on my wishlist :D
    Kate ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KAAAAATE! Happy New Year to you too, darlin! I hope all is going wonderfully so far!
      If you love the NYX matte lipsticks, I will definitely have to give mine a test run asap. It's just sitting there looking all gorgeous and sultry and soooo me! Haha!
      It's so dangerous to read beauty blogs, isn't it? You end up with an even longer wish list! And I'm on a self-imposed make-up ban. :-(

      Kazzie x

      Delete
    2. Thaaank you :D
      I just really like them since my lips are naturally really dark already and they are one of the few ones that actually mask my natural lipcolour and also stay long. :) I can't wait to get another one. ♥
      And it really is, I just catch myself looking at all these products thinking that they are just the thing I need and that I absolutely have to get them :') And that even though I usually don't really need them. I am especially bad with the lipsticks. I actually decided to only buy stuff that I need to replace for some reasons from now on since I have way too much stuff now. But it is sooo hard. :O
      Kate

      Delete
    3. I'm a total sucker for lipsticks! I could spend ages looking at all the shades that the brands have. I have a good number of them already and all the shades are must haves!
      I try to justify purchases now for 'blogging purposes'. When shopping with the bestie, it helps that she's just as weak as I am and just lets me buy it haha.

      ~ Kazzie x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts