FAVOURITES || Maybelline


Maybelline is one of my favourite brands out there. Whenever I'm in Boots, I spend an inordinate amount of time looking at the Maybelline stand to see what's new and to see what shades I don't have but must have because my life ultimately depends on it. I have a nice little collection of Maybelline products gathered since I started becoming interested in make-up and below are some of my favourites.




Color Tattoo 24 hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow

I only have these two shades but I love them! They are so easy to apply, using a brush or a fingertip. I prefer to apply them with my fingertip first and then to blend it in with a brush when I have the time. They blend beautifully either way and are gorgeously pigmented and I love how they brighten up my eyes with just one application. 




Dream Soft Blush - 02

This blush is literally dream soft. It has such an exquisite formula. I had been very sceptical about cream blushes as I had just my confidence with a brush and pressed blushes. What if I don't blend it in well enough and I end up with clown cheeks? This blush blends effortlessly. I love to have this in my handbag for those mornings when I'm too tired to drag my butt out of bed to apply my make-up before work and my complexion needs a little pick-me-up. It livens up my cheeks in seconds and it suits my skin tone splendidly, giving me a hint of peachy cheeks. 



Matte Maker Mattifying Powder - 10 Classic Ivory
A nifty little powder that takes all the shine from the face. It blends seamlessly onto the skin, adding the slightest hint of colour for a great matte finish. I haven't used this for a while as I've preferred using a translucent powder recently but I find myself reaching for this when I want more coverage when I've botched my blusher and I want something to tone it down easily. It's staying power isn't amazing but when my shifts are only 6 hours long, it lasts well enough for me.



Super Stay 14hr Lipstick - 260 Always Plum
A gorgeous plum purple shade that actually smells just as divine. It has a lovely formula that glides onto the lips and stays put. I've worn this to work over the Autumnal and Winter months. It's not too dark on those of fairer skin, like moi. 



ColorSensational Elixir Lip Lacquer - 725 Caramel Infused
It looks like it's a lipstick from the packaging but open it up and it's actually a lipgloss. Mind. Blown! The angled doe-foot applicator is divine. It hugs the contours and shape of the lips for effortless application. The colour pay-off from these bad boys is magnificent. I love this shade. It is the only one that I have but I love it. It's practically the lip gloss version of the ColorSensational Lipstick in Velvet Beige (SPOILER ALERT! It's listed below!). What's more, the formula feels moisturising and smells amazing. 



The Eraser Eye Instant Anti-Age Concealer - Light
I haven't used this concealer on a regular basis for a couple of months opting to try others depending on the occasion. The sponge applicator of this is soft against the sensitive skin of the under-eye area and helps to cover those dark circles. It can become a little messy but that's a small price to pay for the amazing coverage that this gives those unsightly bags. My only criticism, even with a favourite, is that the shades available are very limited.



Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner
On my endless quest to find a liquid eyeliner pen that will give me that elusive sharp cat-eye flick, I found this one. Maybelline's eyeliner pen has a delicate marker point that really helps to get close to those eyelashes and get that thin flick at the outer corner of the eye. It can bend to thicken up that line as desired. I've found this to be easy to use and I find myself lifting it most times that I try a cat-eye with a liquid liner. 



ColorSensational Shine Gloss - 360 Stellar Berry
This is a lovely lipgloss that can be a little drying on the lips when worn alone but I use a lipbalm underneath to counter that. It's highly pigmented and has a little shimmer that'll take any lipstick or lip colour to a glamorous look for a night out. 



ColorSensational Lipstick - Velvet Beige
How could I not include my dupe for my favourite actress's lipstick? This is what I reach for when I don't want to use up my Chanel Mademoiselle lipstick. It's a moisturising colour, a beautiful colour and a comfortable lipstick. 



The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara
My most reached for mascara. I love this mascara. It gives me the most luscious eyelashes from root to tip. The pigment doesn't budge, the lashes remain curled and it doesn't fade as the hours tick by. It stays put. The wand is very comfortable to use, taking hold of the lashes and coating them all without a clump in sight.



Dream Sun Triple Bronzing Powder - Blonde
This was amongst one of the first purchases that I ever made of make-up and from Maybelline. What drew me to this bronzing is the gradient that it has. It has three bronze pigments so you can achieve any kind of bronzed look that you're wanting. Use the lightest third to warm up the face. The middle third for a beautiful bronzing and the darkest shade for contouring. It's essentially a bronzer palette. I haven't been using it lately because with it being Winter, I haven't been using bronzer. It's probably a time of the year when I should be using it so that I don't look like a walking bed sheet. I loved using this when on my Summer holiday. 




These are my favourites from my Maybelline collection. Do you like any of these included? What are your favourites that you would recommend that I should try?


Comments

  1. Loved this post! I have been dying to try the concealer for a while, I may have to do it after reading this! x
    -http://claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Claire! I'm so glad that you liked this post. The concealer can be hit and miss with people. For the price it's worth a try. Sadly the shade range available in the UK is extremely limited and I could use a lighter shade than the one I have but it does work wonders. Thank you for stopping by.

      ~ Kazzie x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts