Cleaner Make-Up Brushes For Under £2



We all need to clean our make-up brushes fact, because those things take a battering with all of the different products that are used on them every day, not to mention the bacteria that will accumulate in between those bristles Like our skin, our brushes need some TLC too. I have a daily cleanser that I bought in Sephora Italia that disinfects and cleanses and it does a decent job. But from time to time it is good to give your make-up brushes a deeper clean. Here is how I get my brushes squeaky clean. 

From Benefit's blog, I learnt that Sigma have a Spa Brush Cleaning Mitt which has textured areas on the silicon glove that are specifically designed for each type of make-up brush with a rinse and shape feature too. The textures provided a great washboard for the bristles of the brush as you sweep them back and forth. But at $35, I don't have that kind of money to use on what is essentially a glove.

I found a silicon oven glove in B&M Stores with little raised nodules on the glove. It is a very simple design and it is duel sided so you can rinse your brushes on the opposite side to the one that you've wash on. It doesn't have the various textures that the Sigma one does but for £1.99, it'll do in a pinch.






On New Year's Day, I gave my brushes a good, deep cleansing wash and they have never been cleaner. They were the colour they were when I bought them. The buffing brush gets the biggest beating because it is what I use for my liquid foundation and because of that, it is the hardest to clean. When I would clean that particular brush, the bristles would still clump together and it wouldn't even look clean. With this mitt and a dab of baby shampoo, the bristles were as good as new. It look brand spanking new. I used the brush after it had dried and it was baby soft to the touch and it felt like silk against my skin.



I think that a £2 silicon oven glove is a great substitute for a $35 Spa Cleaning Brush. I'll definitely keep cleaning my brushes this way.


Comments

  1. Oh that is a great idea. So far I have been using the Ebelin Brush cleanser which is nice and all, but sometimes I feel like it doesn't do enough, so I am definitely going to look into that silicon oven clove :D So thanks for the idea. ♥
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :-) A kitchen section of any store should have one - silicon kitchen utensils are everywhere. The nodules are like have a toothbrush for your make-up brushes. Great stuff.

      ~ Kazzie x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts