A L'Oreal Mascara That I'm Loving


I'm going to take you all on another trip down memory lane. My first ever blog post was about three purchases that I made while on a day out. These were spur of the moment purchases and had no real reason beyond the fact that I was looking for something new to play with. You can tell by my oh-so-articulate analysis and reasoning in that post. I'm cringing just reading back over it. My make-up collection was just sprouting at this point and I took any opportunity to see what I could find to add to it. That day I found L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes So Couture mascara. But the day of purchase seemed to endeth my relationship with said mascara... Until now.




A few weeks ago, I was putting my make-up on and I was rummaging through my make-up bags to find the mascara that I wanted to complete the look that I was going for. My bedroom is still in a state of complete disarray and I haven't sorted out my make-up storage yet so my collection is divided between three make-up bags and a SpaceNK bag. A lot can go missing and unseen and I have zero patience for hoking here and there for something that I should be able to reach out and put my hand on. So, my eyes fell upon the shiny purple and gold tube that is L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes mascara and thought that I would give it another whirl. 

You guys, I fell in love instantly. 




The packaging is so cute. I went on about it in my first post. It's purple and gold! How can you not love that? It's so chic and eye-catching and clearly, I couldn't resist that. 

The wand is what really made me love it. It's a lovely thin wand - well thinner than some of the mascaras that I own - and I loved that. I find that my upper and lower lashes are very close together at the outer corner and thicker wands tend to be awkward to use and I have to really shove my lashes out of the way and manipulate them a lot. With Million Lashes, the wand seems to just slink in effortlessly and get to my lashes without a bother. The handle of the wand is super comfortable for me to hold and the perfect size. I love it. It isn't too heavy or too light. It's juuuuuust right. 

Would I say that it gives me 'million lashes'? No. What it does give me are beautifully coated lashes with no clumps which is ultimately what I'm looking for in a mascara. I don't look for 'OMG-lashes!!' that are out of this world. That isn't a realistic look for me because I wear glasses that magnify my lashes. This mascara gives me beautiful, natural looking lashes which is ultimately what I want from a daily mascara which is why I've been reaching for this mascara and not the others in my collection.


Comments

Popular Posts