TUTORIAL || 'Dark' Morgana Pendragon [Merlin] Inspired Makeup Look



A few years ago I was utterly obsessed with BBC's Merlin. I particularly loved Morgana Le Fay and Morgause. I think the first episode that I fully watched was Morgause's first appearance in the second season episode, "The Sins of the Father". I quickly fell in love with the series and in turn Morgana, Morgause's sister. I had both of them down on my list of 'to-dos' for Fandom Friday but it wasn't until the other day when I was in the cinema watching Jurassic World for the second time, that I decided that this week's Fandom Friday would be a Morgana inspired look - because Katie McGrath was in Jurassic World as Zara. 

Now came the difficult decision, what look to do. Good Morgana le Fay or the dark Morgana Pendragon? It was quickly decided by one of my best friends because she's been my Merlin (alongside several other fandoms) fangirl in arms for years! So here we are with the dark and green look of Morgana from the final season of Merlin.

The beautiful thing about this look is that it does not have to be neat. You can afford to be messy with it. It doesn't matter if there is fallout from your eyeshadows. Leave it on your cheeks because Morgana did. Her green eyeshadow rests on her cheekbones if you look closely. Girl is so badass that she doesn't give a hoot about fallout! Also, you can use whatever green eyeshadow that you want/have as long as it's kind of on the cool side - a blue-ish green. I used one that was in a gigantic palette from Makeup Revolution. It's slightly shimmery but that doesn't matter. There are photos that make her shadow look matte and others that make it look like there is a slight iridescence to it. 

She's a sorceress! Her magic comes from her eyes and who knows? Some of that magic might have become trapped in her eyelids and made them all shimmery and just heightened by her supreme magicalness. 

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!


T H E   T U T O R I A L












I hope that you enjoy this look. If you recreate it I would love to see photos. You can tag me on all social media - all of my links are listed in the sidebar (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr). Next week's look will be that of Morgause played by Emilia Fox and then the following week will be Lady Morgana le Fay aka 'good' Morgana. I hope that you'll come back on those days for the tutorials or you know, come back for other makeup, beauty and fandom posts on Mondays and Wednesdays. 

Have a wonderful weekend. *MWAH*



Comments

Popular Posts