Marc Jacobs || Daisy Dream


Here we go again - Kazzie tries to talk about perfume. For Christmas, I was given Marc Jacob's Eau de Toilette Daisy Dream. When I peeled back the wrapping paper and saw that Santa had placed the 100ml bottle under the tree, my jaw hit the floor.







I first encountered this perfume last year after a dentist appointment because why wouldn't I discover it that way? I went into a pharmacy to browse the make-up stands to cheer myself up and took a whiff of it and, boy, did I instantly fell in love. For a couple of months I dreamt of Daisy Dream and left on the back-burner until I was in Dublin Airport and found it again. I instantly covered myself in the tester bottle so that I would smell nice on the plane sandwiched between my mother and brother.

What they have to say about it;
Inspired by the boundless spirit of daisies and blue sky, daisy dream is Marc's newest dream girl, ethereal, innocent and free. 
Light and airy, Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Eau De Toilette is both floral and fruity. The fragrance captivates with delectable top notes of blackberry, fresh grapefruit and succulent pear. The heart imparts a rich, feminine jasmine, notes of lychee and blue wisteria. A dreamy drydown of white woods, musks and coconut water. 
Channeling Daisy's easy charm and reverie, Marc Jacob's Daisy Dream Eau De Toilette embodies a new take on being youthful, spirited and romantic. Daisy Dream reflects Marc's irresistible mix of intricate details, elegance and femininity for a fresh interpretation of the iconic Daisy Motif.



Daisy Dream is a variation of the hugely popular Daisy perfume that was released in 2007 and is still, I believe, available. But this variation is described as a more sophisticated and ethereal version of that, inspired by daisies and crystal blue skies. I can't vouch for that because I haven't been acquainted with Daisy but I can imagine from what I know Daisy Dream to smell like. Does that make sense?

I can't really talk about notes when it comes to fragrances because I'm not read up on those. The scent is described as fruity but to me and my own personal tastes(?) I think it is more of a floral scented fragrance. Jo Malone's perfume was definitely fruit scented. Compared to Jo Malone, this isn't very fruity despite all of the notes listed below. To me, it is like having a daisy in a fragrance form; as if someone took the best daisy in the world and mixed it with a whole bunch of stuff and baked at 180 for 15 minutes and ding, created this! I may have had too much coffee when writing this...

I love the longevity of this. It's not the longest from dawn to dusk but it lasts for the length of time that I need it to. I usually spritz this when I'm going shopping or when going out for the evening. The potency will last a good number of hours. The next morning I can still smell traces of it on my clothes. 





I was instantly drawn to the bottle. If it's possible to be in love with a glass bottle, it happened with this. It was love at first sight. I love daisies. They are my favourite flower. I loved to make endless daisy chains as a child, collecting daisies in a bucket in my grandparents garden and spending hours and hours constructing. Daisies also have a more personal meaning to me. My Granny's nickname was Daisy. Her name was Margaret; there is a marguerite daisy and my family used this as the basis for a nickname. It's actually quite a popular nickname for Margaret. All of this made this bottle destined for me.

The pale blue bottle is the stuff of dreams to me. My favourite colour is blue so that's a win already. It's a beautiful shaped bottle with daisy motifs covering the top half, with golden centres on the topper. The bottle almost looks like it's wearing a daisy shawl and I can just imagine laying in a field of daisies when I see this bottle and looking up at the sky. If the design was inverted, that would be exactly that mental image! 

The bottle makes for a conversation starter whenever anyone sees it sitting out. It makes for a beautiful statement piece that will certainly be proudly shown off long after the perfume is gone. It fits right in at home on top of my drawers with my make-up brushes and Voyager model. Yes, I'm a nerd.

Top Notes: Blackberry, Grapefruit, Pear
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Lychee, Blue Wisteria
Base Notes: White Woods, Musks, Coconut Water

Have you got Daisy Dream is your perfume collection or are you planning to make it part of yours?


Comments

  1. i've heard a lot of good things about this but i've never tried it, will have to put it on my list!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely take a spritz of it the next time you're near it. It's so good.

      ~ Kazzie xx

      Delete
  2. Marc Jacobs have the best perfume bottles, and this one is soooo pretty! I love the scent as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The perfume bottle was definitely love at first sight! I was so happy when the scent matched the beauty of the bottle.

      ~ Kazzie xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts