The Christmas Tag


I'm bringing a little bit of the season to my blog with a tag that I saw here on Queen of Jet Lag's blog. I thought that it was such a lovely Christmas tag that I thought that I would do it too. So, without further adieu, here are my answers. 




1. What is your favourite Christmas film?

The Muppets Christmas Carol. Hands down, this is my most favourite Christmas movie of all time. It is not Christmas until this movie is in the TV guide at some point. I love it beyond words and probably know it off by heart. I try to watch it every year. I don't have it on DVD *gasp* but I try to catch it on TV every year when it's on. I just love it. When Beaker gives Scrooge his scarf, my heart, oh god, my heart!! Plus, Gonzo and Rizzo as the Narrators? Pure love!

It's not a typical Christmas movie but I end up watching it at Christmas, The Wizard of Oz.


2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?

The one year when it actually snowed on Christmas Day was a year when I was in Benidorm, Spain for Christmas. Fail! In Ireland it typically doesn't snow when you want it to.


3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?

At home with my family and my doggies. 


4. What is your favourite Christmas song?

I was actually discussing this with my colleague the other day. It's almost like being asked to pick a favourite chocolate. How can you choose from so much choice? We know that we despise any kind of 'new' Christmas songs that are just rubbish, i.e. the music that our work's radio plays. Some songs are insanely inappropriate and, honestly, rubbish. But in discussing it, we came up with a couple of categories for Christmas songs because there are so many! 

Hymn: O Holy Night
Song/Jingle: Winter Wonderland and White Christmas

Also, I love Fairytale Of New York by The Pogues ft. Kirsty MacColl.


5. What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?

Roasties. Roast potatoes will forever be my favourite part of Christmas dinner. I smother them in ketchup (yes, I eat ketchup with my Christmas dinner) and they are just pure love.


6. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?

I like both for different reasons. But honestly, I love to give presents. I always have. All throughout the year, I love to have an excuse to give somebody a little gift to brighten their day whether it's a DVD that they might like or a lipstick to say thank you. I know how I get like when I receive presents and I love to give that feeling to somebody else.


7. What makes the holidays special for you?

Time off work! Let's be honest, as an adult with no kids around, Christmas isn't a very magical season. It's a giant ball of stress at times for just one day. I do like the Christmas season to an extent. What makes the holidays special for me is that time away from work, even if it is one day. It's one day where everyone is off and it's the one time of the year when my family and I sit at the dining table and eat.


8. What’s your favorite makeup look for the festive season?

This is my first festive season where I've had an interest in make-up so I'm not sure what my favoured look will be yet. Probably a red lip with a cat-eye with a nude eye. I'm not sure yet,


9. Real tree or fake tree?

Fake! All the way. I understand the allure of a real tree, it's pretty and it smells great. We had a real tree once. However, it was just the once. The pine needles in the carpet where the bane of existence. Every. Single. Day. we had to hoover them up. Then that year, my parents slept on the sofa bed we had next to the tree because my grandparents were here too and the pine needles ended up in the sofa bed and on the couch. It was just horrible. With a fake tree, we don't have to deal with any of that and we don't have to worry about where to dump the tree once all the needles have fallen off and Christmas was over or having to buy a new tree next year.

If you would like to do this tag, that would be awesome, It's such a lovely tag. I would love to see other people's answers.

Comments

Popular Posts