How To || Use Contact Lenses




Contact lenses can be the most awkward and frutrating things to ever cross your path. They are weightless, tiny bowl shaped pieces of plastic that sit on your eyeball to either help you see better or to change the colour of your eye. They are a pain in the eye - literally - to put in because, hello, it's your eye and you're practically touching it with your finger. There can be no easy way to put something like this on your eye, right? Keep reading...


I have gone through the process of getting contact lenses several times over the years, 2003 and 2014. As a fifteen year old, I became extremely frustrated with the process and I just could not make the lenses do what I wanted them to do. With the little patience that I had back then, I gave up on the idea of contact lenses. But it wasn't until June of this year, 2014, that it finally clicked with me. My optician sat me down with my lenses and a mirror and walked me through it, step by step as if he had an instruction manual for building a wardrobe. 

Over the past month or so, I have been watching a lot of YouTubers share tutorials and vlogs as they share their Halloween and cosplay costumes as they dress up for the Halloween festivites. In practically every single one of those videos, I see and hear them struggle with putting the contact lenses in. Most of the time I see them attempt to put the lens in by attempting to put them straight onto their iris and they're looking straight at the finger that the lens is balanced on.

I don't do that. At all.

My optician actually taught me the technique that I use and it is very simple and easy to do. There is no looking straight at your finger involved and your iris is nowhere near being touched. So if you've been struggling with putting your contact lenses in, whether they are prescription or costume, take a look at the video below and see if this method will work for you.


I hope that this helped you out and that it helps you create that Halloween/cosplay character that you're wanting to be or helps you in seeing with those prescription lenses.


Comments

Popular Posts