Five Minute Makeover


There are mornings when I can barely pour myself out of bed in time to put my uniform on, brush my teeth and get out the door to go to work. On those mornings, I give myself an extra twenty minutes in bed, huddled under my duvet and as snug as a bug in a rug. I don't want to move and I don't want to greet the cold floor of the bathroom. Do. Not. Want. As a result, I don't want to  be bothered with any make-up. But what if I wanted to put some make-up on just to make me look alive? Or if I have a spare five minutes at work after I clock in or when I'm taking my tea-break? How can I possibly condense a typically twenty minute make-up routine into five minutes?




For the most part, I have these products in the beauty bag that's nestled in my handbag. Let's take a closer look at them;

- Benefit The Porefessional
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer - Vanilla
- Bourjois 1-2-3 CC Cream
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette - Streak
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz - Ash Blonde/Taupe
- Revlon Lash Potion Mascara
- Seventeen Stay Pout - Just A Fling

Step One
Prime the face and lids. I use Benefit's The Porefessional on my skin and adding a smidge to my eyelids. It saves me time in taking out another primer. 

Step Two
Using my fingers to blend, I applied Bourjois' CC cream over my skin. Add concealer to any blemishes that you want covered and pat in using your ring finger.

Step Three
I set the cream with Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder. I used a brush for this but you can use a puff.

Step Four: 
Using the bronzer from the Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette, apply it to the crease and outer V of the eyelids and blend out. Take a little bit of the blush from the same palette and apply to the eyelid, blending out.

Step Five: 
Curl the eyelashes and apply a coat of mascara.

Step Six: 
Comb through your eyebrows. Using small strokes, fill them in a little.

Step Seven: 
Apply the bronzer from the Urban Decay palette to warm up the face.

Step Eight: 
Apply the blush from the Urban Decay palette and blend out.

Step Nine:
Apply lipstick and you're done.




This look took me approximately five minutes to do, minus putting my hair up which is required for work. I couldn't be happier with the results. It really helped to start my morning off and to give my unbelievably pale skin a lick of colour, especially on these cold Autumn mornings when the Sun hasn't even woken up yet and I just want to go back to bed. 


Comments

Popular Posts