Review | Rimmel Brow This Way


Up until recently, I didn't know that styling your eyebrows was actually a thing. Every couple of weeks (read months), I would get my eyebrows waxed at my local beauty salon and that would be it. I didn't know that there were eyebrow pencils, eyebrow gel, tinted eyebrow gels and hightlighters, the whole shebang, and that I had to actually style my eyebrows.

 

For my first foray into the world of brow styling I bought Rimmel's new tinted brow styling gel as I already have an eyebrow pencil ordered. I'm still waiting on that one to arrive. Anyway, back to the point. I had heard reviews and recommendations about Benefit's Gimme Brow gel and had toyed with the idea that I may want that. Why not start with a recommendation? In Boots I saw Rimmel's version, ironically opposite the Benefit counter. The product is about the same size as Benefit's and a fraction of the price and for something to just trial/experiment with, why not give it a shot first?

So what did I pick up?

The brow gel from Rimmel comes in three colours; Blonde, Mid Brown and Dark Brown with an additional clear gel available, so there are four options available. I'm a pale girl with the quaintessential fair Irish skin, dirty blonde hair and fair eyebrows to match that are relatively tame. With such limited shades on offer, I was a bit nervous. What if the colour didn't match and I was left with abnormally dark eyebrows?

The gel is intensely pigmented. I use the shade 'Blonde' and it filled in my brows nicely with few strokes. It felt strange to see my brows stand out that wee bit more after seeing them au naturale for so long. My brows still looked natural but more filled in and defined which is a bonus.

The formula is good and doesn't dry out the eyebrows. After the application, my eyebrows did feel heavy but that could be because it was my first attempt at eyebrow styling and using an eyebrow gel but that sensation goes quickly and once the gel dries I was left with nicely defined, weightless eyebrows. 


Comments

Popular Posts