Benefit on a Budget


 Every time I walk through Boots or Debenhams, I find myself wistfully looking at the Benefit counter and wishing that I could pick something up and take it home with me. Then I see the price tag and remind myself that I've asked for make-up for my upcoming birthday and that I should wait until then to get my hands on some of their products. However, when I was in the queue in Boots to buy some other things for my holiday in 2 weeks, I spied a kit that had the most adorable pint-szed Benefit products on offer.



For £9.95 how could I have resisted this little pack when it retails normally for £21.48? That is less than half price! Less than a tenner! I saw the sample of the Porefessional in the box and knew that I had to have it because soooo many people vouch for this thing and for a fraction of the price, I can test it out before deciding if the full sized primer is worth making my family pay for. What's more it comes with ruffled tissue paper and so it kind of makes it look like a little early birthday present to myself, right? Right? I know you're nodding. 

So, what's all included?

posietint:
This is a lip and cheek tint duo that I'm really excited and scared to try. I haven't used a liquid cheek stain before. I haven't even branched to cream blushes yet. This is a super pigmented, near neon on the brush, pink tint that may be too bright for my complexion but I'll see when I test it out. Thankfully, it came with instructions. Yes, I need instructions. 'To use: Brush on cheek & blend quickly, then repeat on other cheek. Dot on lips & blend'. 

BADgal Lash:
The wand on this bad gal is nearly the same size as the packaging! It's a stiff wand and the bristles feel plastic to the touch as I swatched it on my hand. It isn't a waterproof mascara as it rubbed off my hand easily with water so I wouldn't wear this on a hot day or to a wedding. But I'll have to experiment with this to see what it does to my lashes.

The Porefessional:
The pièce de résistance! I have wanted to try this since I heard about it on YouTube a few months ago - aka when I started becoming interested in make-up. A sample size is perfect for me to try out and I cannot wait to try it out and minimise those pesky pores. What I didn't know is that it can be used under and above make-up. It's a balm and it can be used aove make-up. Those boggles my mind. For me, I'll be using this as a primer over moisturised skin to help my make-up last longer. 

I coannot find a link for this on their website which leads me to think that it is an instore offer when you're in the queue for the check outs. So get it while it's hot.

What's even more exciting is that it comes with a voucher for a free makeover at any Benefit Boots counter! What more could you want?

 

I will be taking this little kit on holiday with me in a couple of weeks to test out, especially the Porefessional to help my make-up last longer throughout those hot Mediterranean days, and I will report back on my findings. Watch this spot! 

Comments

Popular Posts