Polish It | Rimmel Salon Pro


I do love an opportunity to paint my nails. My work rota has allowed me two days off together (YAY!) and as soon as I finished work, I whipped out another bottle of nail varnish and had at it. I picked up one of Rimmel's Salon Pro varnishes and there was something about it that made me want to write a blog post about it.


Photographed: 307 Grape Sorbet & 711 Punk Rock

I have zero patience when it comes to painitng my nails. Zero patience. I want them dry and set yesterday but whenever I sit down to paint my nails, I will always need to do something and my nails will get ruined. Bad times. 

Rimmel's Salon Pro with Lycra line is incredible. The first coat dried within 60 seconds (not that I actually timed it) and what surprised me even more - it was set within a minute so that I could come in with the second coat. Even that was dry and set within minutes. Usually I'm still sitting with my fingers spread apart and away from everything for a good twenty minutes before the varnish sets. And even then it's maybe not set fully and will get smudged. My nails were finished within minutes and I could get on with my life without care. 

The formula is stunning. The varnish claims to have all the benefits of a professional manicure; "Strengthening base coat, top coat and gel shine all in one". What more could you want? It doesn't go on in a gloopy mess and can be easily manipulated by the brush. The brush is even more marvelous. It's a precision, thick wide-set maxi brush that is easy to control. The brush spreads to encompass the entire nail in one stroke and carries a good amount of product. These varnishes can go on easily in one coat but I chose to do two coats.

The finish is wonderful. An impressive shine comes from it and the paint actually feels like second skin to my nails. It doesn't feel like I have two layers of varnish on my nails. My nails feel so incredibly smooth that I can't help but stroke them. That sounded better in my head....

There is an excellent range of colours including a range created by Kate Moss.

Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Vanish are available at Boots and Superdrug  for £4.49 and all good retailers.

Have you tried Rimmel's Salon Pro nail polish?


Comments

  1. i love the shiny nature of this! it looks gorgeous! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/bedroom-comforts-with-primark-home_17.html xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts