April Favourites 2015


I hadn't planned on doing a post for April regarding  my favourites because I just couldn't think of any that I had. Then I went to my trusty notebook and to my surprise, I had a little list started and cue the 180* turn that I did and the birth of this post. Let's get to los favoritos!




  • Sleek i-Divine Ultra Mattes v2 Eyeshadow Palette - HERE.
  • Seventeen FalsifEye HD Mascara* - HERE.
  • Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - HERE.
  • Rimmel Special Eyes Precision Eyeliner Pencil- 16 Black Magic - HERE.
  • River Island Black Glamorous Cat Eye Sunglasses - HERE.
  • Twinings Salted Caramel Green Tea
  • Tetley Mango & Passionfruit Green Tea


If you've been looking at my tutorials lately, you will have undoubtedly seen my curent beloved Sleek eyeshadow palette! I bought this post-Lent because I wanted a deep green colour whilst at the same time wanting a palette with colours that wouldn't be nude or warm toned. I wanted colours that would push me past my comfort zone. I found that this palette had the perfect blue-green shade for my Star Trek Sciences Department Uniform themed makeup tutorial and the blue and purple were perfect for my Nebula from Guardians of the Galaxy inspired tutorial. I love this palette. It's so versatile because you can create insane looks yet still do a neutral look or a smokey eye should you wish. I brought this guy to Barcelona and it was all I needed. One stop shop! A full review for this will appear on my blog soon so keep an eye out for that. 

I was actually sent the Seventeen FalsifEye HD mascara by Boots in March as part of their #BeautyTimeMachine giveaway on Twitter. They do it most Thursdays and encourage followers to tweet them photos of their throwback beauty icons. I tweeted them with one of my favourite photos of Katharine Hepburn and they sent me a couple of beauty items to get her look. This mascara was included and I love it! I love the wand of this mascara because it is long and thin. I love thin wands because my lashes at the outer corners are so close together that it's difficult for me to get my outer lashes coated. This wand does the trick. I've mentioned this in previous posts where I talk about mascaras, but in a mascara I look for volume over length. I personally think that long lashes don't suit me as I think that my lashes are long enough and I just want to thicken them up a bit and this mascara does that. Plus, if I turn the wand vertically, I can get precise application to my lower lashes.

I'm pretty sure the gel liner from Maybelline is used by Jaclyn Hill and the word of that woman is gospel to me. What Jaclyn raves about, I get...within reason and budget, of course. I'm coming for you MAC and Makeup Geek! Just saying. Back to the liner! This applies like a dream. I've loved my Rimmel ScandalEyes gel eyeliner for ages but it can be a bit thick when it's applied to my brush. Maybelline's gel liner goes onto my brush like paint does to a paint brush. It's glorious and it applies onto the eyelid like butter. It's so smooth and it lasts for a really long time and doesn't fade. I've never had to touch this up.

I was in the market for finding a new drugstore pencil eyeliner because I actually found that my eyeliner from the Body Shop wasn't applying all that smoothly. It would catch a little bit, especially when tightlining, I don't want that when I'm that close to my eyeball. Rimmel's Special Eyes Precision eyeliner feels so smooth against my waterline and tightline, it doesn't catch and it's nice and gentle against such a sensitive part of my eye. 

My sunglasses. I've been getting so many compliments on my sunglasses and I bought them on a whim because it was sunny one day in Belfast and I didn't have any sunglasses for driving home. I went into River Island in Victoria Square and picked them up. My mum wanted her own pair, my friends have wanted their own pairs and they served me beautifully in Barcelona. They fit so comfortably on my face and I can wear them over my glasses when driving or when out in the sun and I need my glasses. Yes, I'm one of those people that wear sunglasses over their glasses. 

Tea, tea, tea! I've never been the biggest tea drinker. I like a cup of tea every now and then when the mood strikes me but throughout April, I was loving these flavoured teas. On a trip to Sainsburys, I saw the Tetley tea that's flavoured with Mango & Passionfruit. I love mango and passionfruit smoothies and I love, love, love green tea and so I thought I'd give this a whirl and have the best of both worlds. It is absolutely delicious. I can inhale the sweetness of the fruits infusing the tea. The taste isn't overpowering but the right amount of subtle. I imagine that this will taste great as an iced tea!

The Twinings tea was actually a find by my dear colleague. She told me about them being in Tescos and I asked if she could pick me up a box. OMG. The aroma of this alone is incredible! I can certainly smell the caramel scent without even holding the cup to my face. The taste is subtle in the tea which is perfect for me. I like to unwind with this tea late in the evening with a good book or with YouTube videos on my iPad. 

So that's all that I've been loving from last month. Naturally, I will include Barcelona in there because I loved being there with my friend and having that time away from work and away from home to relax and have some fun.

What did you love from April? I would love to know. I hope you all had a great April. It hasn't even hit me that we're already in May!



** Disclaimer: All images of the products are from Google. I put them into the collage myself. 

Comments

  1. You are so awesome! I do not believe I’ve read through something like that before. So wonderful to discover somebody with original thoughts on this subject matter. Really.. thank you for starting this up.
    cheap women clothing online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts