TUTORIAL || Star Trek Inspired Makeup Look [Sciences Blue]


We've reached the last in the tutorials of the Starfleet departments, the Sciences. This colour is such an awkward one to even classify as it has been pure blue and it has been green and it's been a blue-green kind of shade. I can't put a name to the colour. For the sake of this look, I've gone for that blue tinged green.

Usual disclaimer applies; you don't have to use the exact products that I do. These products are in my makeup collection and work for me. Let's get started...
Off camera, I took care of my foundation base. Primer and foundation were L'Oreal's Infallible Mattifying primer and L'Oreal True Match foundation (Ivory). I then used the L'Oreal True Match concealer in Vanilla before highlighting with Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer (Fair). To set everything I used Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed translucent powder.
Before I moved onto anything, I primed my eyelids for the eyeshadows I'm going to be using. I took the Collection concealer and applied it to my lids, blending it out using my ring finger. I set it using the Rimmel Stay Matte powder.
T H E   L O O K
As that settled, I started on my eyebrows. I used my Soap & Glory Archery eyebrow pencil (BlondeShell). I used the comb end to put my eyebrows into place so that I could see where the sparse parts where and used the pencil end to fill in the gaps.
The eyeshadow work is so simple. I used Sleek's i-Divine Ultra Mattes v.2 eyeshadow palette. I only bought this the other day for another tutorial I have planned but it came with the perfect shadow for this look.
Taking my Real Techniques Base Shadow brush, I dabbed it into 'Orbit' from the palette. It's a matte blue toned green eyeshadow and I patted it all over my lid. I only swept it at the crease. For the pigment to go on thick, it's best to pat shadows on.
Panther from Wet N Wild makes yet another appearance on this blog. I took the fluffy blending side of my EcoTools Eye Enhancer duo brush and with Panther, started at my outer corner and swept it up into my crease, blending out so that there aren't any harsh edges.
I went back over that outer corner to intensify that black shadow. With the excess, I brought it right along the crease to the inner corner. I also took it slightly above the crease.
I then took Maybelline's EyeStudio Lasting Drama gel eyeliner in Black and lined my upper lashline. Using my Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush, I drew a cat-eye flick with a thick line.
With a flat topped brush, I used one from EcoTools, I took that Orbit shade and placed it on my lower lashline and running it parallel to those liner wings.
I lined my waterline and tightline with Rimmel's Soft Kohl Kajal black eye liner pencil.
After curling my eyelashes, I coated my lashes with Seventeen's FalsifEye HD mascara*.
Use concealer to tidy up any place that needs it. I did this under my eyes and at my brow bone. Don't forget to set it again with powder.
For blush, I used Rimmel's Lasting Finish Soft Colour blush in Santa Rose. I used my Real Techniques retractable kabuki brush to blend this out.
For a slight contour and bronzing, I used L'Oreal's Glam Bronze duo and my No7 Contour & Highlight brush. I applied the bronzer under my cheekbones, at my temple and along my hairline nad jawline.
Then I took the highlight side and brushed it over my cheekbones.
For my lipstick, since the eye look is so intense, I took L'Oreal's Color Riche Exclusive in J.Lo's Nude.
I then went back and took the Golden Sand shade from the Collection Little Mix All About The Eyes palette and applied that to my inner corners - for the pips.
P R E V I O U S L Y    O N   S T A R   T R E K   W E E K
Command Makeup Tutorial - HERE.
Star Trek And Me - HERE.
Operations Makeup Tutorial - HERE.
Get The Look || Deanna Troi [Star Trek: The Next Generation] - HERE.
It's that simple. Three eyeshadows and you have a makeup look inspired by the colours of the Starfleet Sciences departmental uniform. I hope that you like this look and have been enjoying Star Trek Week on this blog. Thank you so much for stopping by.


Disclaimer - * Seventeen FalsifEye HD mascara was gifted to me by Boots. It was sent to me as part of their #BeautyTimeMachine scheme were they gifted those on Twitter with a beauty goodie to help emulate whoever they tweeted a reply with. I tweeted back with Katharine Hepburn. I am not being compensated in any way to use this product and have not been paid anything.

Comments

Popular Posts