My Current Foundation Routine #2



It's Spring, friends and with new makeup purchases and new skin needs comes a new foundation routine. When doing my tutorials here, I found that it was getting very repetitive to type out the foundation part because it rarely changed. I decided that I would create this post so that I can link it back and not take twenty minutes typing it up in every post.









P R I M E R
I like to prime my skin even after moisturising as I feel that it gives my skin some extra help and it needs all the help that it can get to be honest. At the moment I have been loving L'Oreal's Infallible Mattifying Primer. It's a gel like primer that reminds me of Maybelline's Baby Skin Pore Erase Primer but not as thick. I rub this over my skin using my fingers and then press it in at my under eye area. This creates such a smooth surface for my foundation.







F O U N D A T I O N
I apply my foundation before concealer as I may not need concealer depending on the coverage. My foundation of choice lately has been L'Oreal's Infallible Foundation. I have to mix Porcelain and Vanilla together in a strange concoction to get my ideal shade. It's a two pumps of Porcelain and a half pump of Vanilla kind of formula. I mix them together on the back of my hand and dot it over my skin before buffing it in with my Sigma F80 Flat Topped Kabuki brush.








C O N C E A L
To conceal my undereye area and blemishes, I reach for Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer in the shade 15 Light. The 15 shade is more pink toned than 10-Light which is a very warm one. That looks orange on me. I apply this and then blend it in with any brush I feel like using at the time; I usually lift my Real Techniques Setting Brush or the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush if the setting brush is dirty. To blend out, I don't swipe it, I use patting motions.





H I G H L I G H T 
I like to conceal and highlight and for that, I use Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade, Fair. I draw a triangle shape under my eye with a corner heading more towards my temple. I also apply a little between my eyebrows. Then using the opposite side of the brush that I used with the previous concealer, I blend it out and I use patting motions with this too, edging it towards my temple to give my eyes a lift.








S E T
To set everything, I use Bourjois' Healthy Balance powder in the shade, Vanilla. I use my Real Techniques Contour Brush to set my concealer and then I use the Powder Brush from Real Techniques to set everywhere else.




I do look creepy without my eye makeup, blush, bronzer or lip product on but that's my foundation routine.

Comments

Popular Posts