Post-Lent Makeup Haul



I'm not sure how much I talked about it over here on my blog but for Lent I gave up makeup buying. Yes, another self-imposed makeup ban. I had gone a bit cray when in Manchester and Shrove Tuesday wasn't that long after it so it was as good an excuse as any to save some money. I don't think that it worked because my bank balance still despised me. However, Easter was the other week and so on Easter Tuesday, my friend and I went to Belfast and did done shopping. Here's what I've bought post-Lent....









  • Sleek i-DivineUltra Mattes V2 Eyeshadow palette
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush - Santa Rose
  • Rimmel Match Perfection 2 in 1 Concealer & Highlighter - Ivory
  • Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil - Black
  • Rimmel Special Eyes Precision Eyeliner Pencil - Black
  • L'Oreal Superliner Ultra Precision Liquid Eyeliner - Black
  • L'Oreal Color Riche Collection Privee lipstick - J.Lo's Nude
  • Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
  • Bourjois Edition Aqua Laque Liquid Lipstick - 1 - Appechissant, 2 - Rosé on the Rocks, 6 - Feeling Reddy
  • Wet N Wild Mono Eyeshadow - Creme Brulee
  • NYX Matte Lipstick - MLS20 Audrey





The Sleek palette has practically been my most reached for item since I bought it. I bought it when on the hunt for specific eyeshadow colours that would be useful for focused fandom related posts. I looked at this one specifically for the 'Fern' shadow for a tutorial that will be coming in a few weeks but then I found the other shadows in it could be useful too. Orbit was used in my Star Trek Sciences Blue Makeup Look tutorial. Despite having colours that I wouldn't have the courage to wear every day, I still lift this all the time for the Flesh, Paper Bag and Dune colours as they're perfect for a warm smokey eye look. Plus, the mirror on this sucker is huge! Even when I'm not using any of the shadows, I'm still holding the mirror. 





Three eyeliners. Yes, three. I don't have a problem, I swear. I bought the Rimmel eyeliners because I wanted a good drugstore eyeliner pencil. I have my Helen E one which I love but I saw these in Asda and thought I'd give them a whirl. I've been loving them and interchanging the two. Plus, they're brand new so they're don't need sharpening for a good while (here's hoping, anyway). Then the L'Oreal one was a spur of the moment purchase. Mostly because I'm a bit of a magpie and the gold packaging just spoke to me. The tapered design of the pen reminded me of my loved ELF liquid eyeliner pen because it fitted comfortably in my hand. I used this the other day and was quite impressed by the control that I had. But we'll see how I get on with it. 

Maybelline's gel liner was one that I had wanted because I'm pretty sure that it's the same type that Jaclyn Hill uses and she practically uses nothing else for eyeliner but this! If Jaclyn Hill swears by it, I'm all over it (within limits!). YAS!





The Bourjois Aqua Laque liquid lipsticks were a hum-ha-should-I? product for me. I swatched them several times when I had visited Boots or Superdrug during the Lent period and was put off by how thick it appeared on the back of my hand and the smell. Suzie from Hello October put my mind to rest and intrigued me further about these. I bought three shades and I wore Appechisant the other day and it feels like you're coating your lips in water! It felt absolutely divine and it works more as a lip stain. Also, I'm actually loving the smell. I guess the testers work up a stink after a while. I'm definitely looking forward to wearing these more!

So that is all that I bought and I've used most things at least once but they will be put to the true test soon. I love having a nosey around Boots and Superdrug and to actually buy something was fantastic. These shops are quickly becoming my new natural habitat. Who would have thunk it this time last year?



Comments

Popular Posts