VIDEO & REVIEW - Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner


Why, why, why, why, why name a video that? What's life without whimsy? I am the worst at applying eyeliner. I can do it decently on the lower waterline but I never knew that you had to apply it to the upper lash-line or even your tight line. I never knew what those words meant until I watched several billion YouTube beauty videos that included eyeliner somewhere.  So I decided to be brave, hike up my britches, and do a live demo for you all and put Maybelline's Lasting Drama Gel Liner to the test.

 


This gel eyeliner is basically Maybelline's take on Benefit's ''They're Real Push Up Eyeliner'. It has the one-click application system, the silicon nib and the pencil form.

To get down to the nitty gritty;
1 Click - Naturally when you use this for the first time, this requires about half a dozen clicks to get the product to the end. Swipe off the first few millimetres that come out as it may be dry and get the fresh goodness underneath. Then click once more and that's you all set.

The Silicon Nib - Like Benefit's Push Up liner, this comes with a bendable point at the end that provides the flexibility and stability that you need when dealing with the skin of your eyelid. It works to hug the lash line, ease the lashes out of the way of the pen so that application runs smoothly and the nib is so soft that it won't tug at the sensitive skin of your eyes. I always found that an issue with eyeliners in general whether or not they're in pencil, shadow or gel pot form.  - hence why I'm so awful with eyeliners and have avoided them until now. It moves effortlessly.

Pencil form - This will never require a sharpener unlike pencil liners. Hallelujah. I'm constantly losing my beauty pencil sharpeners and just to have this be so self-efficent is wonderful. It is easy to hold, just like a pencil and is very comfortable to use. 

Longevity - This does not budge. Even when I swatched this on my hand, it did not wash out or even move when I washed my hands. I wore this all day after filming and it lasted for hours. It just didn't move so use a waterproof eye make-up remover.



Maybelline's Lasting Drama Gel Liner is available from all good chemists/pharmacies. It is available at Boots for £8.99. Whereas Benefit's Push Up Liner is £18.50 at Boots. Maybelline's is a fantastic dupe for Benefit if you want a more pocket-friendly liner, especially if you're just experimenting or starting off like me.

Have you tried it yet?


Comments

  1. sounds like a good dupe of benefits liner!! great post i love your blog! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/mac-prep-and-prime-bb-beauty-balm.html xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts