Top Five Friday | Lip Products


As I filmed my travel make-up bag / make-up collection, I found that I had a lot more lip products than I realised. I was actually surprised at that. I didn't realise that I had bought so many. Since I had quite a few, I thought that I would give you a run-down of my top five favourite lip products. I'm saying lip products because there are different types; I've included two lipsticks, a lip crayon, a lip lacquer and a lip gloss. Let's see what they are in greater detail....







In  no particular order...
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick - 058 Drop of Sherry
Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain - 001 Honey Douce
Lipstick Queen Endless Summer - Aloha
NYX Butter Gloss - BLG05 Creme Brulee
Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquer - 301 Galaxy


The first lipstick to feature is Rimmel's Lasting Finish in Drop of Sherry. I love the colour and consistency of this lipstick and it can usually be found in the depths of my handbag as I wear it more often than not. It is a deep and rich colour and it applies so easily on the lips. It's a great staple lipstick to have around. It's a colour that'll pop.

Next up is a new discovery of mine and a foray into the world of lip crayons - Revlon's colour burst balm. I have to say that I regret nothing about it. I have worn this at work multiple times and it a great shade for natural days when you just want to brighten and waken up your lips a bit. I found that the colour lasted throughout my shift of six hours. The colour isn't so pigmented that you notice it right away, but it brightens and moisturises like the balm that it is and leaves me with fresh looking lips.

Lipstick Queen in Aloha was a recommendation from Amelia Liana and I can honestly tell you, I love this lipstick. It has such an intense colour pay off that just pops and turns heads. It is ultra moisturising and my lips feel incredible with this applied. It comes with an SPF of 15 and I always forget to protect the lips when applying SPF to the face. This comes with one built in and it smells just as exotic as it's name. I love it.

I've told you all about the NYX Butter Gloss before and here it is featured in a favourites post. Creamy. Pigmented. Glossy. Aromatic. Short and sweet.

Apocalips is an intensely pigmented lip lacquer and it does require a steady hand as it just glides on so effortlessly and runs the risks of going everywhere. But the colour is incredible. The lips just grab your attention. I love using this plum colour on my lips but it comes in thirteen gorgeous shades. I only possess two but I'm wanting more. The formula is non-sticky, it moisturises and the colour lasts for ages.

Do you have the same favourites or different ones? Let me know!


Comments

  1. Hi Kazzie!
    One of my all time favourite lip product is the Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquer as well, but in the shade 303 Apocaliptic. It's a deep fuchsia and I haven't found nothing similar so far.These lip lacquers are incredible!
    x

    Chiara (http://namelesschiara.blogspot.it/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked out that shade. Wow. Wow. Wow. Apocaliptic is gorgeous! I need to get this on my upcoming payday! Thank you so much for sharing that and for commenting. =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts