Get Ready With Me [With Glasses] || Theatre Night


This is new! I thought that it would fun to show you what I did with my makeup when I was getting ready on Monday night to go out. My family and I were going to Belfast to watch Give My Head Peace at the Grand Opera House. I was the designated driver for this night and that meant that I was wearing my glasses but that didn't stop me from going full-on and having fun with my makeup. So here is what I used and what I did to achieve this look.
 
 First of all, my usual filming set up is different because the light was disappearing outside and I needed to be by everything that I used. I film in front of my window, using the wondersil to balance my camera and mirror with everything sprawled out on my bed, which I sit on it. For when I'm doing my makeup in the evening, I do my makeup by the makeup drawers and using my larger makeup mirror with my lamp helping with lighting duties. So with that being said, let's get started.
 
 
MAKEUP USED:
  • L'Oreal Paris Infallible Mattifying Primer
  • Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - Ivory
  • Benefit Boi-ing Concealer - 01
  • Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - 15 Light
  • Collection Lasting Finish Concealer - Fair
  • Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder - Vanilla
  • Benefit Majorette Blush
  • Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette
  • Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick - Mademoiselle
  • L'Oreal Color Riche Mono Eyeshadow - Macaron Vanille
  • Wet N Wild Mono Shadow - Nutty/Noisette
  • W7 In The Buff Natural Nudes Eye Colour Palette
  • Collection Little Mix Eye Love Eyeshadow Palette
  • Wet N Wild Mono Shadow - Panther
  • Helen E Soft Black Eyeliner
  • L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes So Couture Mascara
  • Rimmel Brow This Way Tinted Eyebrow Gel - Blonde
 
TOOLS USED
  • Sigma F80 Flat Topped Kabuki Brush
  • UBU Foundation Brush
  • Real Techniques Contour Brush
  • Real Technqiues Powder Brush
  • Real Techniques Stippling Brush
  • No7 Contour & Highlighter Brush
  • Superdrug Pro Wide Eyeshadow Brush
  • Eco Tools Duo Eye Enhancer Brush - Blend side
  • MAC 217
  • Seventeen Eyeshadow Brush
  • Real Techniques Bold Metals 201 Pointed Crease Brush
  • Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush
  • Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush
  • Real Techniques Accent Brush
  • Ted Baker Eyelash Curlers
  • TRESemmé Curliing Wand
  • TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray
  • Wella Silvikrin Classic Hairspray
 
 
COMPLEXION & LIPS
 
 
  • To prime my face I used my L'Oreal Paris Infallible Mattifying primer. I rubbed that all over my face before pressing it in around my under-eye area - just check out that serious patting face.

  • Surprise, surprise, I used my Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in Ivory. I buffed this into my skin using a new baby - I used my new Sigma F80 Flat Topped Kabuki brush and I am in luuuuurve with this brush. Yes, lurve. It is incredible. You can't put too much product on with this brush even if you smother your face in foundation. But more on that soon.

  • I have a little blighter on my forehead - erm, gross! - and to cover this guy up, I took my Boi-ing Concealer from Benefit in shade 01. I simply applied this with my finger and patted it onto the area.
  • Then I brought it down under my eyes. I applied it to my inner corner area and then up to my eyelids to prime my lids and conceal any of the redness and veins there.

  • To conceal everything else, I used my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Light. I used 10 for the longest time before realising that 15 is more cool-toned. I applied this onto my skin and then used my UBU Foundation Brush to pat this into my skin, edging it towards my temples.

  • Now to highlight, I took my Collection Lasting Finish Concealer in Fair. I drew out a tirangle shape under my eyes before taking it around my nose, on the bridge of my nose and then to my forehead in another triangle shape. To blend this all in, I used the opposite side of that UBU Foundation Brush and simply patted it in, still bringing it up towards my temple.


  • Using Bourjois' Health Balanace Unifying Powder in Vanilla, I took my Real Techniques Contour Brush to set my under eye and T-zone areas before using my Real Techniques Powder Brush to set everything else. I cannot get enough of this powder. It definitely is a favourite.
 


  • To colour my cheeks, I took my Benefit Majorette creamt-to-powder blush and my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. I applied it to the apples of my cheeks and blended it out. There is nothing I hate more than unblended blusher.
 


  • For this look, I wanted to contour a little. For this, I took my Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette in the Streak colouring and my No7 Contour & Highlighter brush. I used the tapered end of the brush and dabbed it into the bronzer of the palette and followed the line from my lips to the top of my ear and draw about a third of the way down and blended it out and then upwards to define my cheekbones. I then applied it to my temple, hairline and jawline to softly define them, making sure that I blend well.
 


  • Using the other end of my No7 brush, I took the highlight from the Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette and applied it to the tops of my cheekbones.
  • Without forgetting my lips, yet forgetting to remain in shot whilst filming, I chose my Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in Mademoiselle. This has to be my favourite lipstick.

EYES & BROWS

 
  • To set the Boi-ing concealer already on my eyes, I took L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Mono eyeshadow in 107 Macaron Vanille on my Superdrug Pro Wide eyeshadow brush and applied that all over my eyelid, crease and up to my brow bone.
 


  • To define my crease, I took Wet N Wild's mono shadow, Nutty/Noisette on an EcoTools blending brush and buffed that into my crease.
 


  • Taking my W7 In the Buff eyeshadow palette, I took the shade Dust on a MAC 217 brush. I used the very tip of this brush and applied the shadow just to the crease.
 


  • Then I took Camel from the same palette on a Seventeen eyeshadow brush and buffed that along the crease and outer V area of my eye.
 


  • Using my Real Techniques Bold Metals Pointed Crease Brush, I applied Wave from the W7 palette to the crease only.
 


  • Taking my Collection Little Mix Eye Love palette. I took the second shade from the right, the goldy-toned shimmer shade, on a Real Techniques Base Shadow brush and applied it all over the lid.
 


  • Then to soften everything and pull it altogether, I took the Buff shade from the W7 palette on the opposite side of the Real Techniques Base Shadow brush and patted it all over eyelid.
 


  • To line my eyeline, I took Wet N Wild's mono shadow, Panther on a Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush. I used this to draw my eyeliner, starting with the wing. I wasn't going for perfection with this.
 


  • I traced over that liner on my eyelid only, not the wing, with my Helen E Soft Black kohl pencil. Then I took my Real Techniques Accent Brush and smudged it out a little.
 


  • I curled my eyelashes with my Ted Baker eyelash curlers before coating my top and bottom lashes with my L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes So Couture mascara.
 


  • To set my eyebrows, I took my Rimmel Brow This Way tinted brow gel in Blonde and brushed it through the hairs of my brows.
 
HAIR


 
  • I used Tresemmé's Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine spray to protect my hair as I wanted to curl my hair. I sprayed it through my hair, especially the ends, and then brushed it through.
  • To curl my hair, I used my TRESemme hair wand. I sectioned off my hair and wrapped sections of my hair around the wand. I curled my hair away from my head.
 


  • To set everything and to give it a bit more hold, I sprayed my hair with Wella Silvikrin Classic Hairpsray.
  • I put my glasses on and that was me done.
 




 
My outfit consisted of a jacket from Next (old), a black tank top that I bought in TJ Maxx (old), a pair of jegging jeans from George @ Asda and black ankle boots from New Look.

I had a great night at Give My Head Peace. I laughed until I could not breathe. I always love going to see these shows every year as they always write it so that it's incredibly relevant and hilarious.

 

Comments

Popular Posts