FAVOURITES || Rimmel London



I am a huge fan of Rimmel London make-up products. When I first became interested in make-up I literally came home with a bag full of solely Rimmel products. I lifted a foundation, concealer, powder, lipstick - pretty much the works. Also, whenever I'm at work, I walk past the Rimmel stand that is there and slyly try to look up what is there and what could potentially be my next purchase as I subtly 'tidy' it. I have build a little collection up over the past couple of months and I've decided to share what my favourite items are from it.






Match Perfection Lasting Foundation [Light Porcelain] & Hide The Blemish Concealer [Ivory]
Let's start with the basics, shall we? I don't really need to go into detail about these because I did a post on what I use for my base last week [here]. I love Rimmel's foundation and the formula of it. I do have the 25hr Full Coverage Foundation, however, I don't use it as much as I do this one. It is my go-to for everything. 

The concealer is fantastic for those days when you don't want a full face of make-up (or when you do) and you just want to hide those blemishes that have creeped up on you. I constantly have this in my beauty bag on-the-go as lipstick design of it makes it fool-proof to apply and it blends into the skin easily.



Stay Matte Pressed Powder - Translucent
I cannot express my love for this product enough. It just sets everything the way that I need it to. Again, I mentioned this in the aforementioned base post so I don't need to go into a lot of detail beyond the fact that I love it. The fact that it is mattifying and translucent is a mega bonus. I don't want to have to go to the trouble of matching my foundation and getting that shade just right when between shades and then adding a coloured powder on top of everything that could potentially ruin all of the hard work. It has happened, believe me! This just works perfectly for me.



ScandalEyes Gel Eyeliner Pot
Like a lot of people out there, I am useless at eye-liner. I'm self-confessed and I don't deny it. I have tried practically everything out there to line my eyes in the search of the perfect way to get that much sought after cat-eye. I have tried gel-liner pens, liquid eye-liner pens, pencils and eyeshadows. But then when there was an offer on, I jumped at the chance to try this baby. 

You know what happened? I fell in love with it. I didn't think that I would like a gel pot and angled brush combo but I do. I love it and I find that it suits me. I feel like I have more control over a brush and a pot. That could just be me waffling but I can't really explain it. I do still love the gel-liner pens that I own and chop and change between them depending on the occasion. Rimmel's Gel Pot simply works better for me.



Lasting Finish Lipstick
Drop of Sherry (058) & Alarm (170)
My lipstick collection seems to be the one that grows and grows. Everywhere I look, I have lipsticks. I love it! There is just something about lipstick that draws me in. I have quite a few Rimmel lipsticks and these two are much loved. Drop of Sherry is what I would call a 'my lips but better' colour. It just awakens my lips when I apply it. I may be very fair skinned and have blonde hair but my lips are not pale. I love this lipstick and I love that it doesn't make me look paler when I wear it.

Alarm is that classic red colour that is so glamorous. It's a great mix of being colourful but not too dark and not too orange. As Goldilocks would say, "It's juuuust right". Against my pale skin, it is perfect. I don't wear it too often but with Autumn and Winter arriving, I may be reaching for this more.



Moisture Renew Lipstick
As You Want Victoria (360) & In Love With Ginger (660)
As You Want Victoria has been my most recent Rimmel lipstick purchase, being this month and last week and I am already loving it. I bought this and wore it to work the next morning and I got quite a number of compliments about it. They kept saying that I suited it, that it matched my skin tone perfectly and that it was a gorgeous colour. It is such a beautifully vivid colour. Sometimes it can look pink-red and other times it can look pink, depending on the light but it is a gorgeously pigmented lipstick. I love the formula, though I would recommend using a lip brush to get to those awkward parts that I tend to mess up on a regular basis. Still learning here, folks. .In Love With Ginger was one of those ones that I had been in search for - a good orangey-red lipstick. This ticks all the boxes.



Lasting Finish by Kate (30)
This is the classic perfect for Autumn plum shade. I've been experimenting more with the darker shades in my collection and this has been one that I've been reaching for. It's a gorgeous berry inspired shade that's a great shade without being too dark.



Apocalips Lips Lacquer (Galaxy)
There was a point a few months ago when this was the only things on my lips. Even at work and I didn't want to wear any make-up, I still reached for this. The formula can be a bit tricky to work with but I heard a recommendation to apply it using the top end of the doe foot applicator. It is gorgeously pigmented. The lasting power isn't great but I don't mind having to re-apply this because the colour pay off is sensational!

So that is everything that I love from my Rimmel collection. Do  you like the same things or are you obsessed with anything else? If you have any recommendations, feel free to comment below and let me know. 



Comments

Popular Posts