All About The Base


They always say that the basis of a strong building is a good foundation and the very same came be said for make-up. You can do anything with make-up when you have a good base - well, I think so, You can build upon it to create any look for a night out, for the working day ahead, for a shopping trip or for creating the base for a character that you're wanting to create with your make-up. This is my foundation for my make-up.




Every foundation needs a good primer and I go between two; Benefit's The Porefessional and Maybelline's Baby Skin (which has been coined as the dupe for the Porefessional). I chop and change between the two depending on the occasion, luxury for an important event and drugstore for casual-everyday-use.. The texture of the Porefessional is so creamy that it seems to just melt into the skin in one smooth stroke, blending in seamlessly and setting a wonderful canvas for the foundation. I use this primer for special occasions such as a date or a night out. It's a great luxury product for a luxurious time.

For casual days when I'm going to work (read: if I can get myself up early enough to put make-up on) or shopping, I opt for Maybelline's Baby Skin mostly because the price per use is a little on the acceptable side. I can go through it like a dose of salts and I wouldn't mind. The texture is a smidge oily compared to the Porefessional but I don't mind that.as it sets into a smooth finish and my make-up doesn't need touched up a billion times during the day. 

Onto the foundation. To be honest, this is the only foundation that I have ever used since I started becoming interested in make-up back in May. I went into my local Asda and looked at the sparse make-up counter and picked up Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation in 'Light Porcelain' to begin my make-up journey. I'm rather pale (Irish skin) and without a clue in what I wanted out of a foundation, I picked it up to experiment.

I found that I love it. It is beautifully light-weight on my skin and blends easily. The coverage is medium which works perfectly for me, that's enough for me. I don't want to feel caked in make-up or have something weigh down my skin which is where Rimmel has hit it out of the park and why I keep returning to it. I don't have many blemishes for it to cover except for some naturally rosey cheeks, thin under-eye skin and freckles. I don't mind having to add concealer here and there. It's a natural part of my make-up routine now to include concealer. 

To set it all, I use Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder in Transparent. This powder is my everything. It sets everything into place and since it's transparent, it doesn't add anything, It's just the best. 

What makes up your base?


Comments

Popular Posts