AUTO BUY AUTHORS



We all have those authors that we love with all that we are and we instantly pre-order their newest creation. For years, I never had one of those authors in my life. My mother did. She would instantly pick up the newest Danielle Steel release. I would patiently pray that every Mother's Day, Christmas, and mum's birthday that Danielle Steel would have a new book coming out so that I could get that as a present. For years, Steel never disappointed. Now, I'm like my mother. I have some authors that I automatically buy. 

Click to read more...


L E I G H    B A R D U G O

 
 
 
 
 
 

Leigh Bardugo's books comprise the largest portion of my book collection. I have duplicates of practically every book that she has released (Language of Thorns, Ninth House & Warbringer being the odd ones out). It is set to expand with the release of the new collector's editions of the original Grisha trilogy. The covers for these new books are stunning and I'm torn between the US and UK editions. I'll probably get the UK ones because they match the stunning 'Six of Crows' collector's editions. Plus, we have the untitled second book to 'King of Scars' coming out - no idea when though. 


R A N S O M    R I G G S

 
 
 

He may only have the one series, but it is one that I am fully invested in. 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' is one of my favourite books of all time. I love the world that Riggs' has created. It has sucked me in. When he announced that he was releasing 'Tales of the Peculiar', I preordered the signed edition from Waterstone's and then I bought the paperback edition when I was in Belfast's International Airport. Then, when he announced a new trilogy continuing where the original left off, I was bouncing off the walls with excitement. I needed more from this world and I cannot wait for more. I will say, I would love a whole trilogy solely about Miss P. and her past. 


V . E .    S C H W A B

 
 
 
 
 

I don't have all of the books or comics from the 'Shades of Magic' series as I'm collecting the Collector's Edition. I don't like the covers of the UK paperbacks. The collector hardbacks are much more aesthetically pleasing. The same goes for the 'Monsters of Verity' duology. I want to get the US hardbacks at some point, alongside the 3rd book in 'Shades of Magic' which is currently available. I love the way that Victoria writes She creates such vivid characters that you can simultaneously love and hate. I cannot wait for the release of 'The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue' in October. I can tell that this book is going to be amazing. 

Who are the authors that you automatically buy?


Comments

Popular Posts