Makeup Wishlist



Over the near two years that I've been loving and discovering makeup, I've made a good number of purchases. It is a rare occassion that I go into Boots and Superdrug and come out empty-handed. When I was in Manchester at the start of March, I realised that drugstore brands on this side of the pond didn't have anything that really excited me at the moment. High-end brands are coming out with or already have drool-worthy products that make me salivate and just want to touch. Naturally, since they are pricey, I can't just grab them all and run but it's always nice to look, right?



Starting from the top right, I'm going around clockwise in alphabetical order.

BECCA SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR - PEARL
To blame: Everyone
The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors are gorgeous. I already own Champagne Pop from their collaboration with the sensation Jaclyn Hill. I love it. At times, though, I do find it might be a smiiiidge too golden for me. Pearl is practically white and since I'm a porcelain princess, I think it would suit me down to the ground. 


CHARLOTTE TILBURY MAGIC FOUNDATION
To blame: I Covet Thee
Alix uses this foundation quite a lot of her channel and has raved about it repeatedly. When in Manchester, I visited the Charlotte Tilbury counter in Selfridges and the girls seemed to think that the shade range would have something to suit me. I do regret not picking one up but when you're flying with only hand luggage, it can be a real road block in the grabby-hands scheme of things.


GIRLACTIK MATTE BRONZER - CABO
To blame: Ashley Landry
What do I not blame this girl for? Practically everything on my wishlist, high-end or otherwise is a direct result of Ashley. My Makeup Geek collection is heavily influenced by her. I love the look of this bronzer. It looks like a beautifully complimentary shade. And the packaging. The packaging just looks incredible. 


LORAC PRO PALETTE
To blame: Everyone
This palette seems to be a beauty bloggers staple. Remember when British beauty bloggers hunted it down in the Ulta stores around LA and beyond and it was constantly sold out? I loved it when Amelia Liana and Estee Lalonde managed to track some down in this vlog (the mission was successful here). Now that the buzz around this palette has lessened a bit, it still looks like a fantastic palette complete with mattes and shimmers. 


KAT VON D SHADE & LIGHT PALETTE - EYES
To blame: Everyone but mostly Michelle Crossan aka BeautyLifeMichelle
I wasn't really remotely interested in this palette until I saw this tutorial by Michelle Crossan where she created an insanely gorgeous smokey eye inspired by the Olsen twins. I grew up watching everything to do with the Olsens. Getting There and When in Rome are still two of my favourite movies of theirs. Two of a Kind is still a beloved show. So when Michelle created this look, I immediately fell in love with the potential of this palette. 


MAKEUP FOREVER ULTRA HD FOUNDATION
To blame: Everyone
I had the original HD foundation and it doesn't quite match me but I still loved the consistency of this foundation. They reformulated it and came out with the Ultra HD version. Everyone has been raving about it and they seem to really love it. Besides, my bottle is running out so I would love another one. Preferably in a better shade match. #Paleproblems


MAKEUP FOREVER ULTRA HD FOUNDATION STICK
To blame: Nikkietutorials
Like Ashley, what can I not blame Nikkie for? She uses the foundation stick for a number of her tutorials and she just uses it flawlessly. I would ideally love to have the foundation sticks as part of my stage makeup collection but since I'm not consistently on stage, it may not be worth the investment but it would be very good for travel - not a liquid!


MAKEUP FOREVER ULTRA HD CONCEALER
To blame: Everyone and their cat.
Everyone seems to rave about this concealer and the coverage that it has so why wouldn't I include it?


TOO FACED BORN THIS WAY FOUNDATION
To blame: Everyone and their mother.
Again in my eternal quest for a foundation to match me, Too Faced may offer up a contender. Plus, the reviews I have read and watched on this product are extremely positive. The finish gives the wearer a look of flawless, natural looking skin so that it appears that they were 'born this way' - see what they did there?


YVES SAINT LAURENT TOUCHE ECLAT NEUTRALISER
To blame: Makeup by Alli
In the current trend of colour correction, YSL have jumped on the bandwagon with a range of correctors. I'm not sure what shade I would lean more towards - I guess the peach/bisque colour to counteract dark circles which I have on the inner corner of my under-eye area. Or maybe the pistachio colour. I don't know. I'm currently saving up my Boots Advantage Card points to get one of these babies.


That's everything that is currently on my high-end beauty wishlist. They aren't necessarily products that I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on. I'm just fantasising about what I would love to add to my collection given half the chance.

Check out what I've previously fantasized about here.

What products do you have on your beauty wishlist, high-end or drugstore? Let me know.





Comments

Popular Posts