TUTORIAL || Star Wars The Dark Apprentice x Pat McGrath Makeup


Star Wars VII is out next week. I repeat Star Wars is out next week. Nevermind Christmas. This movie has been what my December has been about and what I've been counting down my sleeps towards. I cannot contain my excitement about this movie. It is the fourth Star Wars movie to be made in my lifetime (and I hope not the last) and this makes me stupidly excited because it has the original cast in it. How can you not love that? Han and Leia! Dear lawd, Han and Leia! Han and Leia were my first ship before I even knew what a ship was. Before the word was even used for that and was just a fancy boat! They were my first favourite couple basically.

To my friends, it's no small secret that as much as Episodes 1-3 were good, I didn't like them. Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson made them for me. I love Episodes 4-6 so much more. They will always be my most favourite ones. My order of favourites actually goes in the order that they were released: 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3. I haaaaaated 3. Hated it. There were a few shining moments in it (all Obi Wan scenes) but I largely hated it. And explaining Padmé's death as a broken heart? Boke! I was not happy when I first watched it as a teen (I was 16 when it was released) and I'm still not. Oh well, back to the actual point of this post.

THE TUTORIAL, KAZZIE. GET BACK TO THE POINT.

As soon as I saw the makeup that Pat McGrath came up with for the Covergirl (for the US)/ Max Factor (for Europe) collab with Star Wars, I knew that I was going to do a tutorial for it. At first there were only the Storm Trooper and Droid looks. I loved the Storm Trooper one the most. Then they released four more looks, 2 for the Dark Side and 2 for the Light Side. When I saw the Dark Apprentice, I was floored. 


That was when I decided that it was going to be the one that I would be doing. I loved everything about it. It was so dramatic and it had that pop of colour on the lids that just screamed lightsaber to me! I promise, I am on the side of the Jedi, but the baddies just have better fashion and makeup. Sue me. 

I've been wanting to do this tutorial for a couple of weeks but decided to leave it closer to the premiere to actually do it. That way I could do one the week before, and then one on the week of the premiere. Smarts. 


So, if this is something that you would like to learn how to do - the makeup, not hit your head with a frying pan - just watch the video below...


T H E     T U T O R I A L


The only problem with this makeup look is that it relies heavily on straight lines. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler to save my life and the fact that I have hooded eye lids doesn't make things any easier. If I do by some miracle get the lines straight, as soon as I'm done and look in the mirror, they'd be curved. Feck it. That's why my eyes are closed in most of the photos that I've included - the look is fab when my eyes are closed and then I just ruin it by opening my eyes. I'm still learning with regards to these hooded buggers so bear with. 

If you get this reference, you are awesome!

Regardless of that, I think the basics of the tutorial are there. You just have to be patient and stick with it and work at those lines. I know I will. 







I cannot wait to go and see the new film and to see Han and Leia reunited. Let me know if you're going to go and see it. Only six more sleeps!



Comments

Popular Posts