BOOKS I WANT TO READ IN JULY


It was around this time last year that I found myself in a reading slump that lasted for the rest of 2019. I read 'Sorcery of Thorns' by Margaret Rogerson and after that, I couldn't find myself being interested in reading anything. I wanted to read but I couldn't bring myself to read anything and I didn't feel excited about any books that looked at me from my shelves. I continued to buy books because they interested me but I just didn't read them. I feel myself slipping into a reading slump almost identical to last year's slump. However, the reasons are different. My brain itches to draw and paint. Whenever I find myself wanting to read, my brain decides that that moment would be the perfect time to paint. As a result, my concentration is divided, especially if I'm charging my iPad. After every chapter, I'm checking to see how well it has charged. 

So where does that leave me for a TBR? 

In all honesty? I don't really know. There are so many books that I want to read. That's why I bought them after all. I wanted to read them. They sounded amazing and so I spent my money on them. Typically, I would be saying that whatever I didn't read on my previous TBR would carry over into the next month. I don't think that will work for July. Mostly because we're half-way through the month and I've only read 2 art books. I don't want to pressure myself to read 6 books in such a short time especially when my mind is fixated on art right now. For now, I only want to read one series; The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan. 


I have previously read Percy Jackson and the Olympians and t=The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan thoroughly loved those books. I love the way he took Greek mythological characters and brought them into the modern-day. With The Kane Chronicles, Riordan moves from Greek mythology to Egyptian mythology. I have an interest in that too. I don't know a lot about Egyptian mythology but it still fascinates me. Plus, I spent a good amount of time watching Stargate SG-1. If you've ever watched that TV series, you know. 

This is all I am planning to read in July. I want to be able to kick back with an entertaining story which is what I always get from Riordan's books. I'm already about 100 pages into The Red Pyramid and I'm enjoying it. A lot of the exposition work has been done to explain where our characters are so the next 400-ish pages should be a wild ride. 


Comments

Popular Posts