BOOKS I FORGOT THAT I OWNED


Please tell me that this happens to you and that it isn't just me. My excuse is that my bookshelves have two rows of books. There is a row that faces out and then a row behind that and as a result, I don't see them. Naturally, I kind of forgot that they were there until recently. When I was putting books back after filming a video, I went through my books to try and make room for them. It wasn't until then that I realised that I had forgotten that I owned quite a few books. Oops.


F U R Y B O R N   -   C L A I R E    L E G R A N D
This one was hidden behind the cubby shelf that holds all of the books in the Grishaverse and the Caraval series. It wasn't until I was watching old videos of Hailey In Bookland that I remembered that I had it. She had shown the book in a reading vlog and it twigged with me, 'oh yeah! I have that one.' I had been interested in reading it but then when you need to find space for books, some just end up behind other books. Now, it's on the list of books that I want to read in June. 


C A R V E    T H E    M A R K  -   V E R O N I C A    R O T H
This one is a bit more shameful because this book isn't hidden behind any other books. It was actually hidden behind a flash that I got on a Royal Caribbean ship. It's a tall cup and so it perfectly hid the duology. At publication, I've just finished reading both of them as they were also books that I wanted to read in June. 


S I X    T U D O R    Q U E E N S  -  A L I S O N    W E I R
JANE SEYMOUR: THE HAUNTED QUEEN
I completely forgot that I had this. As soon as I saw it, the memory of purchasing it in Tesco as part of a 2 for £7 offer came back to me. My mum bought a book and to make up to offer, I picked up 'The Six Tudor Queens.' I am interested in learning more about the six wives of Henry VIII. I do know the order that the queens come in. That came in really handy when it's asked in pub quizzes. When I was on a cruise on Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas, there were pre-dinner quizzes and each night asked what the name of a different wife was and I knew them all. *hair flip* I'm pretty sure I bought this one specifically because Emilia Fox played her in a movie about the six wives that starred Ray Winstone. #fangirlpriorities


T H E    S T R A N G E    C A S E   O F    T H E    A L C H E M I S T ' S    D A U G H T E R - T H E O D O R A   G O S S
I remember purchasing this because it was recommended to me on Amazon. I hadn't seen anyone talk about it on YouTube or on other social media platforms. It gave me Sanctuary vibes and I thought that it would be a good read. It was then put behind some books and I forgot about it. I think it was on the same cubby shelf as Furyborn. 


T H E    M A G I C    M I S F I T S  -  N E I L    P A T R I C K    H A R R I S
This is definitely not for my age demographic but I was loving NPH in 'How I Met Your Mother' and I saw this at work and decided to pick it up. This was back in the day when my workplace actually got a decent amount of new books in and in a variety of genres. 


S A I L    A W A Y  -  C E L I A    I M R I E
I spied this in Waterstone's. I was surprised that Celia Imrie was a published author - having been a  low-key fan for years. I wanted to see what she was like as an author. I actually brought this with me on a cruise holiday and I did start to read it. However, when on that cruise, my mum finished her book and needed something else to read and so I let her read 'Saily Away.' Once we got home, it went behind some books and I ultimately forgot about it. I've since set it in plain view so that I can read it over the summer. 


T H E    P R I C E    G U I D E    T O    T H E    O C C U L T  -  L E S L Y E    W A L T O N
Despite not being the biggest fan of 'The Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender,' I was intrigued enough by Leslye Walton's new book that I picked it up. It sat on my bookshelf next to the Ava Lavender book on a front-facing shelf but since it was so low to the ground and hidden behind a spare handbag, I forgot about it. 

O R A N G E S    F R O M    S P A I N  -  D A V I D    P A R K
Don't tell my high school English teacher that I forgot that I owned this one. I knew that I owned two of his other works but completely forgot about this one. 

C A R T E S    P O S T A L E S    F R O M    G R E E C E  -  V I C T O R I A    H I S L O P
I bought this in Sainsbury's a couple of years ago. I didn't forget about this book because it was behind other books. I forgot about this book because I put it in another room. It wasn't until a few weeks ago when I learnt about Jenna Evans Welch's book 'Love & Olives' that it made me want to read books set in Greece. Then I remembered this one. It is definitely on my summer TBR. 

T H E    S M O K E    T H I E V E S  -  S A L L Y    G R E E N
A pile of books on the floor hid this one. Yep. No other excuse than that...




Are there any books that you have that you've recently forgotten about? Hopefully, I won't have too many instances of this. 

Comments

Popular Posts