2016 || IN RETROSPECT



Well, I survived Two-Thousand And Sixteen. It felt like the year would never end when it had just begun. A lot happened last year. A lot of good and a lot of bad. I lost my father on November 2nd, and the last two months were a numb blur. I can't remember a lot from those months and I barely had any desire to return to any of my hobbies and my heart was broken by the sudden passing of Carrie Fisher and her mother, Debbie Reynolds (Bobbi Adler, forever). Despite that mountain of loss and darkness, I decided to put that aside and to put 2016 in retrospect and document what was good about it for me. 



Anna Kendrick || Caity Lotz



Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs || Hollow City - Ransom Riggs || Library of Souls - Ransom Riggs 
Star Trek Voyager: A Pocket Full of Lies - Kirsten Beyer || Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope - Ian Doescher || The Princess Diarist - Carrie Fisher



Deadpool || Captain America: Civil War || Star Trek: Beyond
Ice Age: Collision Course || Moana || Rogue One



Moana OST || Boxes - The Goo Goo Dolls || Magnetic - The Goo Goo Dolls
Breathe - Faith Hill || I Want You - Savage Garden || Miserere Mei, Deus - Gregorio Allegri



Full House || Lucifer || 3rd Rock from the Sun
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine || Star Trek: Voyager || Friends




Z Palette || Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Blush Palette
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation || Urban Decay All-Nighter Foundation || Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
Charlotte Tilbury Rock N Kohl Eyeliner - Bedroom Black || Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat - Pillow Talk || ABH Liquid Lipstick - Kathryn







♦ February: St. Patrick's Choral Society || Annie
♦ March: Manchester || Manchester United v Watford [+]
♦ June: Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas [+] [+] [+]
♦ October: Manchester || The Goo Goo Dolls 'Boxes' Tour @ The Albert Hall
♦ November: Adam Hills 'Clown Heart' @ The Waterfront Hall, Belfast




Ashley Landry [+] || Denitslava [+


And there you have the round-up of the things and people that brought light to 2016. As I head into 2017, I hope that it will be better than 2016. In ways, 2016 was a very good year. I made amazing friends. I grew in my YouTube channel and blog - I hit the milestone of 150 subscribers. It may not be a huge number for a lot of people but to me it is amazing that that many people freely subscribe to my channel. (I'm not one of these 'sub for sub' people).

I would love to know what your favourite things were from 2016. Leave a comment down below.

Here's to 2017,





Comments

  1. I knew you'd put in Miss P's! :3 I loved those books <3 I also now have Savage Garden's I want you stuck in my head. :')

    Anyways, great posts and great faves. 💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts