My SIgnature Scent || Love Story by Chloe


I know next to nothing about perfume. I don't know the first thing about notes. I don't even know that tops notes existed until I found out about them as I peeked through the doors of the world of beauty. I simply knew what I liked the smell of. Whether it was floral or musk, I didn't have the foggiest. 

When I was in Duty Free in Barcelona airport, I found an adorable collection of itty bitty Chloe perfumes. They were basically my handling fee for what my parents asked me to bring back, HAHA. Within that collection was the Eau de ParfumLove Story. And thus began my love story...





For those that understand the language of perfume, here is what Boots.com had to say on the matter. 


Chloé Love Story is an unforgettable essence of seduction. The freshness of neroli illuminates her. The sensuality of orange blossom attracts him powerfully. The stirring femininity of jasmine stephanotis, the flower of happiness, makes her more irresistable than ever. On her skin, cedar vibrates with flair. A floral love story, fresh and sexy. 
The Fragrance
Love Story is the marriage of luminous and sensual orange blossom with stephanotis jasmine, the flower of happiness. A sexy, clean floral fragrance. Love Story is a memorable fragrance with true personality. 
Fragrance Notes:
- Top notes: Orange blossom
- Heart notes: Stephanotis Jasmine
- Base notes: Cedar wood

If anyone can translate any of that into normal English that a dope like me can understand ,please leave it in a comment below.




I don't necessarily notice a top note of orange blossom. It doesn't smell particularly orange-y to me. I don't feel like I smell orange-y. You know the lingering smell of orange that you have after you've peeled one and you get the juice all over you? I don't feel like that.

What the heck is stephanotis jasmine? I don't even think I know what jasmine actually smells like.

All I know is that I love how this smells. It makes me feel very chic if a fragrance can do such a thing. I feel very Parisian and like I'm worth a million bucks. Basically, in my head I feel like I'm one of those models in a black trouser suit, kick-ass pointed heels with an ankle strap, with the tortoise shell sunglasses and the hair flowing in the breeze as I strut my stuff. Wishful thinking.

All with the help of a perfume. 

I don't know what it is about this perfume but I just love it. I love it so much that I had to pick up a little roller ball of it when in a Sephora in Monte Carlo last year (the aisle of doom is real). I've barely made a dent in it and it goes wherever I go. 



Also, how freaking adorable is the tiny bottle? My mother even borrowed it for our holiday last year. What a liberty! (If you get the PG version of that quote, you're awesome!)

What is your favourite perfume or your signature scent?



Comments

Popular Posts