So Couture, ScandalEyes, Kajal. Oh my!


 

After a wonderful Sunday morning shift at work, (note the sarcasm) my boyfriend suggested a trip out to Newcastle for a couple of hours. We only had a couple of hours given the bus schedules but I cannot walk past a drugstore without peering in to see what I can get my little mits on *grabby hands*... 





I trailed my other half into Superdrug with the mission to find a mascara that I thought would suit me. I have the Maybelline 'The Rocket' mascara and while I do love it, my lashes are extremely long and quite spaced apart, I personally don't think that the mascara does a lot for my lashes. It clumps a lot on my lashes and I find myself blotting the lashes every time I use that mascara. So, I thought I'd explore what's on offer in the drugstore...

That is, until my magpie-like eyes caught ssight of some other items;

Maybelline Expression Kajal Eyeliner - White -  I bought this eyeliner in white as I like to use whites to highlight my lower lash line. I have been using a white eyeshadow to achieve this highlighting technique. My boyfriend actually pointed this out to me (he gets a kick out of the fact that it's a pencil) and it got me intrigued into using a white eyeliner instead or a shadow. I'm eager to try this out. However, I do have a slight hint of trepidation about it as when I swatched this on my hand, the pencil chalked slightly. That may be because the pencil had been sharpened to a point and it was simply a natural reaction to be swatched. We shall see.

Next to catch my eye was the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Thick & Thin Waterproof Eyeliner - I had been looking for a good drugstore alternative for the Kat Von D tattoo eyeliner pen (this thing has been raved about by practically eveeeeeryone). In the past, I have been pretty (read as incredibly) useless at liquid eyeliner or even pencil eyeliner application. I had heard that the pen eyeliner were better for application because of the marker-like nib. That largely appealed to me for some reason. I tested this out on my hand with the store tester and it just moved so effortlessly on my skin and the colour stayed there even my boyfriend smudged it. I am beyond excited at testing this out.

Then after walking up and down the make-up section in Superdrug, perusing the shelves umpteen times over and over, looking at the mascaras offered by Rimmel, Maybelline, L'Oreal, Bourjois, GOSH, MaxFactor and even Miss Sporty, I finally settled on one mascara that I wanted to try out.

L'Oreal Paris Million Lashes So Couture mascara (linked to Boots as I couldn't find it on Superdrug's website) - I don't know what attracted me to this specific mascara. It could have been the purple & gold packaging (super shiny) and the fact that it has 'Couture' in the title. I just don't know. But I walked up and down the aisle, looking at everything available. I could have easily spent all day looking at each and every one but I just didn't have the time and I made an executive decision and went with this. In terms of first impressions, the wand applicator is different from that of the Maybelline 'The Rocket' wand, which I think will help significantly. It's a thick but long wand and there are more bristles on it compared to 'The Rocket'. I hope that it can deliver results or work in combination with 'The Rocket' for a great result.

It really makes me feel like a kid in a sweet shop when I'm looking at all of these make-up goodies and trying to figure out which one to experiment with next. I'm still new to it all and that makes it all the more exciting.




Comments

Popular Posts