MID-YEAR BOOK FREAK OUT TAG || 2021 EDITION


Obligatory comment about how I can't believe that we're half-way through the year already. How it is June? I swear it was just January a minute ago. Blah blah blah yakkity smackity. As a result of us getting to the middle of the year, it is time to do the customary Mid-Year Book Freak-Out Tag. I used to do this over on my YouTube channel. I took a step back from YouTube a year ago and posted it last year on my blog; you can see my 2020 answers here

I will say that at posting, I have read 26 books but a good chunk of those were art books.... When I looked back at how much I had read by this point last year, it is day and night. Picking answers is going to be interesting (translation: difficult). So, let's not dawdle and get into the questions. 

I have my Goodreads open for consultation....


1. BEST BOOK(S) YOU'VE READ SO FAR IN 2021



2. BEST SEQUEL THAT YOU'VE READ SO FAR IN 2020



3. NEW RELEASE YOU HAVEN'T READ YET BUT WANT TO.


4. MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE FOR THE SECOND HALF OF 2020.




  • ANY of The High Republic books 
    • The Rising Storm - Cavan Scott (29 June 2021)
    • Race to Crashpoint Tower- Daniel José Older (1 Jul 2021)
    • Out of the Storm - Justina Ireland (5 Aug 2021)
  • Daughter of the Deep - Rick Riordan (5 Oct 2021)
  • Aurora's End (The Aurora Cycle book 3) - Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (9 Nov 2021)
  • Cytonic (Skyward book 3) - Brandon Sanderson (25 Nov 2021)
  • Gilded - Marissa Meyer (2 Nov 2021)
All of these dates are UK dates according to Amazon and are subject to change. 

5. BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT.


This pained me. I adore Ashley Poston's 'Once Upon A Con' book series but personally, I feel that Fantasy is not her strong suit. This is the second book that I've read by her that is not a Contemporary and it has been a disappointment. I actually did not finish this book. I stopped after skimming about 20 pages. I loved the premise of it, I liked the first 50 pages and then it started to unravel. I felt as if it was trying to be a fanfic for something else. It wasn't her best work. 

6. BIGGEST SURPRISE.

I don't know if I would call it a 'surprise' but I loved the twists and turns that this book took.

7. FAVOURITE NEW AUTHOR. (DEBUT OR NEW TO YOU)


8. NEWEST FICTIONAL CRUSH.


Nikolai Lantsov. Not a new crush but a different one from last year's answer.

9. NEWEST FAVOURITE CHARACTER.


Vivien from The Left-Handed Booksellers of London.

10. BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY.

I honestly don't cry at books. I cry all the time at movies. Technically I could use 'The Art of Disney Pixar's Soul' as the answer because I sobbed during this movie. 

11. BOOK THAT MADE YOU HAPPY.



12. FAVOURITE BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION THAT YOU SAW THIS YEAR.


I'm totally cheating but I'm really struggling for answers and I did watch the movie that the artwork in this book was made from.

13. MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK THAT YOU'VE BOUGHT SO FAR THIS YEAR




14. WHAT BOOKS DO YOU WANT TO READ BY THE END OF THE YEAR?

All of them. Oh my goodness. This tag was a real eye-opener to how little I have actually read this year. If it weren't for me using art books to beef out my Goodreads list and re-reading whole book series, I would be sooooooooooooo far behind. I need to hitch up my socks and get reading. 



If you want to answer these questions, feel free to leave your answers in the comments. I would love to know what books you have liked, disliked, bought and are looking forward to this year. 

Comments

Popular Posts