Fangirl Bucketlist || Take 2



I did this post a few years ago and thought that it was about time to revisit it and expand upon it. There were a number of places that I forgot to include in my original post. In truth, this will probably be part of a series because there will always be new places cropping up on my Fangirl Bucketlist because I will always be a fangirl. 


LOCATION: BUFFALO, NEW YORK
REASON: HOMETOWN OF THE GOO GOO DOLLS
I never understood just how large New York state is. Granted, it's one of the smaller states when it comes to the US but it's larger than Northern Ireland by a looooong shot. I love to use Google Maps to see how long it would take to travel to certain places. I once used it to see how long it would take me to travel to Buffalo from my hotel in New York City, the Hotel Edison. That's a six-and-a-half-hour drive! I can go to Cobh, Ireland in four-and-a-half-hours or Dingle, Ireland in just over five-and-a-half-hours. Nevertheless, I would make the pilgrimage to Buffalo, NY because it was the birthplace of one of my favourite bands of all time, the Goo Goo Dolls.


LOCATION: MIAMI, FLORIDA
REASON: LOCATION OF THE GOLDEN GIRLS AND THE GOLDEN PALACE
Yes, I know that The Golden Girls was filmed in Los Angeles and that the house that was used for the exterior shots was located in Los Angeles too so I'll never see the house. But, that wouldn't stop me from seeing Miami anyway. Plus, the weather would be epic. A part of me also wants to add a reason being that it was one of my favourite places to 'drive' around on 'Driver.'


LOCATION: CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
REASON: LOCATION OF ER, MIKE & MOLLY
I have always wanted to go to Chicago for various reasons. It was the destination for the PC game, 'Midtown Madness' which I was obsessed with when we got our first computer yeeeeeeears and years ago. We even had a clip-on steering wheel and foot pedals to drive the cars. It was so much fun. Then as I grew, it became the location for many a television show. Plus, it is home to some of the dogs that I follow on Instagram. I won't lie that I would hope to cross paws with Napa and Rufio. 


LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
REASON: FULL HOUSE, SAN ANDREAS, MRS. DOUBTFIRE, CHARMED, ANT-MAN (AND THE WASP)
There was a time last year where I was sorely tempted to go San Francisco and then go to Vegas because of an offer in the window of a travel agent. San Fran has always been a place that I've wanted to visit. My calves may have a different opinion but hey, I'm Irish. If we go anywhere, we walk up a hill. San Francisco shouldn't be [too] much of an issue. (My calves are quaking.) A LOT of television shows and movies are set there or have exterior shots from there. I would love to find the Tanner house from 'Full House' and to see the iconic. Lombard Street. My not-so-inner Marvel nerd simply wants to see the places that were seen in 'Ant-Man & the Wasp.'


LOCATION: TINTAGEL
REASON: HOME OF MORGAINE/MORGANA AND MORGAUSE FROM THE MISTS OF AVALON
I used to love the King Arthur legend (not so much anymore after reading more King Arthur related books but that's a whole different post) and Tintagel was always linked to the home of Morgan/Morgaine/Morgana and Morgause because their father was the Earl of Cornwall. His wife, Igraine, was then set upon by King Uther Pendragon with whom he fathered, Arthur. According to the legend anyway. 


LOCATION: GLASTONBURY TOR
REASON: KING ARTHUR & ENTRANCE TO AVALON
Why not? A place linked to King Arthur and the supposed doorway to Avalon. I read The Mists of Avalon and I loved it. I didn't like the vast majority of the characters but I loved Morgause. She's always my favourite in everything Arthurian, just saying that now. I don't want to go there for King Arthur, mostly for the link to Avalon and Morgause and the internal novel that I have in my head regarding Morgause. 


LOCATION: ORKNEY, SCOTLAND
REASON: QUEEN MORGAUSE
Yes, QUEEN!
Yep, Morgause again. In the legend, Morgause is married to King Lot of Orkney and becomes his Queen. She hates it in Orkney because there is very little for her to do there and she misses everything that happens elsewhere because Orkney is so far away from the action, and it's an island. Anything to do with Morgause, I'm all for. 


LOCATION: WHITECHAPEL, LONDON
REASON: JACK THE RIPPER
*Christopher Heyerdahl as John Druitt in Sanctuary
I would wholeheartedly and unashamedly be that person that will geek out whilst doing a ghost walk around Whitechapel. I honestly would. I would be that person. I'm already that person when walking around Ancient Greek ruins and I would be like that for Jack the Ripper murder locations. Quite the difference in interests, huh? I have always been fascinated by Jack the Ripper. I have watched countless documentaries; Emilia Fox even hosted one. Two of my favourite things coming together? YES. THANK YOU, JESUS! I think her former fiancé did a documentary about Jack the Ripper years previously that you have got to know I watched. Sanctuary has Jack the Ripper as Helen Magnus' former lover, fiancé and father of her daughter, Ashley (hence the image of Christopher Heyerdahl in the graphic doofer). I even wrote one of my final Creative Writing pieces at university about Jack the Ripper. I have books too with all of the evidence. Yep, I would love to go to Whitechapel and do the ghost tour. 

Do you have places on your bucket list that you would like to go to because you're a fan of something?


Comments

Popular Posts