Urban Decay Razor Sharp Liquid Eyeliner



I'm not usually one to review a lot of makeup here on my blog. I write about favourites and why I like something yet I've rarely sat down and wrote about something that I didn't like. The times are a'changing folks because that's exactly what I'm here to do today. 

I'm partial to a good ole nosy around Debenhams when in Castlecourt, Belfast. I'm either using Debenhams as a scenic route for going back to the car, to the bathroom, or to Starbucks. The fact that the Urban Decay stand is right in front of the escalator to the upper level is a fortuitous coincidence. 




Naturally, I like to peruse the beauty department of Debenhams and usually find myself at MAC or Urban Decay (mostly Urban Decay). My hand always end up with a swatch (or eight) and for the past three times, a swatch of the Urban Decay Razor Sharp liquid eyeliners was featured. Particularly, Goldrush which was the gold liquid liner. I hummed and ha'ed about getting it. I have been looking for a good gold eyeliner because gold features heavily in a number of makeup looks that I've done and want to do in the future. I can't keep butchering a L'Oreal eyeshadow. I just can't. A little bit of my soul dies every time. 

So, back to the actual point of this post.

I bought the eyeliner in Goldrush and dozens of looks instantly came into my head.


Nothing in the 'verse was going to stop me.




I had such high hopes because it swatched beautifully on my hand. It was like pure gold on my skin. When I actually used it, I was incredibly disappointed. The pigmentation wasn't what I expected it to be. I had to go over every line repeatedly. Then as the seconds went on and I had to dip the brush back into the tube, it came out white. White! It was as if the liquid inside the tube had separated. I had to shake it over and over again between each use of the wand. 

Who wants to do that when applying eyeliner? Especially with that price tag?




It may be because I had it stored on its side but now it is being stored upright and I'm hoping that that helps because otherwise, I'm going to be furious.

UPDATE FROM THE FUTURE BUT NOT REALLY BECAUSE THIS WASN'T PUBLISHED WHEN I WROTE THIS
After having that little epiphany above of keeping the eyeliner upright, I took it with me to Manchester to use as part of my Manchester United match makeup. I kept it upright before going and then when in the hotel room before using it. It applied better with it being upright than when stored on its side. I didn't have to shake it as much (paranoia made me shake it a couple of times, though), there wasn't a strange white fluid in it. It was completely golden on the brush. It applied beautifully. I didn't have to wait for the gold to come through as the liquid set to gold (does that make sense?). I did, however, go over the top of it with a gold kohl eyeliner from NYX and that amped up the gold payout immensely. I was in love with the combination.



Let's end on a good note. The packagaing is gorgeous. I love the gun-metal style finish to it and that the handle is the colour of the liner. Bonus. It saves me having to look at the bottoms of all of my eyeliners. The handle is easy to use too. I didn't think it would be because I love to hold my eyeliner as if I were using a pencil. My hand has to be near the tip of the liner. To each their own, you know. The top is a long tube and then the wand is long with a brush tip. With that brush tip, I would have preferred to hold it closer, like a paint brush. Surprisingly it was very easy to hold and to manipulate and control. Two thumbs up. (One thumb for the packaging and one thumb for the control element). 

Have you tried any of the Urban Decay Razor Sharp liquid eyeliners? What are your thoughts on them?


UPDATE FROM FUTURE KAZZIE AGAIN (17/05/17)
I tried using this eyeliner for another look that required gold eyeliner. I was not happy. I had stored it upright and thought that it would be an effortless eyeliner. Erm, nope. A white glob was at the end of the brush and no amount of shaking the tube turned it to gold. Not. Impressed. 



Comments

Popular Posts